George Stroumboulopoulos joins Tony Marinaro to talk all things Habs.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Not a huge Marinaro fan, but I love George Stroumboulopoulos, the CBC made a huge error IMO in letting him go, I guess he wasn't enough of a leaf ass kisser.

I thought I'd share this podcast just because I'm such a fan. He's a big hab fan and very knowledgable. I apologise if the video starts well into it, I didn't mean to timestamp it but it may just start where it was when I posted it.

Enjoy. :)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not a huge Marinaro fan, but I love George Stroumboulopoulos, the CBC made a huge error IMO in letting him go, I guess he wasn't enough of a leaf ass kisser.

I thought I'd share this podcast just because I'm such a fan. He's a big hab fan and very knowledgable. I apologise if the video starts well into it, I didn't mean to timestamp it but it may just start where it was when I posted it.

Strombo did a lot of good interviews.

One of them was with supermodel Iman. People in the comment section from around the world praised him for asking real questions to get at the things she wanted to share, instead of superficial celebrity talk.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Always like hearing Strombo, Marinaro's show would be better if he didn't have miserable pricks like McCagg and Snake Boisvert on his show all the time. The way things were going I was expecting Expat to be his next guest.
Could well happen as Marinaro is Liiga level, too unpolished for the Big League. :sarcasm:

Strombo, the one HNIC foolishly dismissed. Instead, let them enjoy horseface Ron and his tiresome antics.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Always like hearing Strombo, Marinaro's show would be better if he didn't have miserable pricks like McCagg and Snake Boisvert on his show all the time. The way things were going I was expecting Expat to be his next guest.
I find Snake interesting. He posts his past draft records honestly. Sometimes he's way off. Sometimes he's bang on. Before the Wright/Slafkovsky/Cooley draft, he said Shane Wright is not elite. Before the Lafreniere draft he said Stutzle is the top talent. Before the Kotkaniemi draft he was in love with Quinn Hughes, same with Makar the Hishier/Patrick draft.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We all are.
However, we may not all be familiar with the best Greek restaurants that the Greek community will eat at. Would you care to share your favorites? You can also choose to do so in the Food thread, if you so wish. Thx in advance. :)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

He is too intelligent and too worldly for the knuckle dragging dinosaurs who live in the hockey bubble and who run these productions through their narrow, tone deaf narrative.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Strombo was always an amazing interviewer. Really pays attention to what his guest is saying rather than thinking of his next prepared question. A natural talent and CBC really did him dirty.

I remember watching him animate Much Loud. I’d say he’s come a long way but he was always fantastic.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With 40 one goal games this season. Dach Back and add top 6 forward next season. Even if we win half those games. Looking at 20 more points. Put us well in playoff position

Reactions: 26Mats

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
That some serious revisionist history for some folks. He was terrible on HNIC. Absolutely abysmall and brought nothing. His CBC show were he interviewed people was great, yes. But it never really translated well to hockey.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Strombo was always an amazing interviewer. Really pays attention to what his guest is saying rather than thinking of his next prepared question. A natural talent and CBC really did him dirty.

I remember watching him animate Much Loud. I’d say he’s come a long way but he was always fantastic.

Strombo was fantastic on his cbc talk show. Completely agree with you that he's an excellent interviewer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad