OT: General Video Game Discussion IX

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Its gotta be BG3 then. One of the best if not the best RPGs ever made. Games incredible.
The size/scale (from what I’ve heard) of BG3 is intimidating. I know that’s likely the case with most RPGs. :laugh: I appreciate the recommendation.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
The size/scale (from what I’ve heard) of BG3 is intimidating. I know that’s likely the case with most RPGs. :laugh: I appreciate the recommendation.
To master that game and fully understand all the mechanics in it is extremely difficult. To understand the basics of the gameplay and combat isnt that hard to get down. Atleast in my experience. Well worth the learning curve.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
What TaLon said. If you've played any 5th Edition DnD, you'll pick it up very quickly. They also do a reasonably good job of getting you acquainted with it without much need for memorization (one of my pet peeves of tutorials).

Now if you want the Dark Souls of RPG systems learning curves, go play BG1 or 2, which use the 2nd Edition THAC0 (to hit armor class 0) system. Boy are you going to be surprised when you put on your first set of armor.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I really need to learn some of the more complicated moves in Super Metroid.

Also, thinking of picking up baulders gate three

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Playing the new Prince of Persia game. It's a really fun Metroidvania. Little bit tough too. Will be a great bridge until Yakuza comes out.
Haven't been this excited for a new game (Like a Dragon) since Elden Ring. Can't friggin wait.

And to those thinking about picking up BG3... stop thinking about it. Just pick it up, its well worth the acclaim received.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Haven't been this excited for a new game (Like a Dragon) since Elden Ring. Can't friggin wait.

And to those thinking about picking up BG3... stop thinking about it. Just pick it up, its well worth the acclaim received.
Ditto for BG3. I haven't finished it yet - only done with Act 1, but it is a fantastic game with endless replays. When I get back to it, I need to stop save scumming.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Check out Palworld.
IMG_8447.png

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Check out Palworld.
Just can't find any shred of interest. Seems like a game that is artificially pumped from streamers trying to pump it. But then again, Pokémon has never interested me in the slightest so "Pokémon with guns" doesn't do much for me either.

Edit. Not trying to yuck your yum. What do you think of it?

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Just can't find any shred of interest. Seems like a game that is artificially pumped from streamers trying to pump it. But then again, Pokémon has never interested me in the slightest so "Pokémon with guns" doesn't do much for me either.

Edit. Not trying to yuck your yum. What do you think of it?

I'm absolutely loving it so far. If you like Rust, or such base building games it's like that but you also catch "pokemon"

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
been replaying skyrim lately, had an odd thing happen to me. One of the storekeepers i visit a lot mysteriously died. Another NPC replaced her so nothing is lost but I'm dying of curiosity how she died.

I have a few "AI' NPC mods that change a lot how npcs interact including the occasional road trip where NPCs will leave a hold for a bit to do god knows what. My only guess is she left the town and was killed in the wilderness by a bandit or dragon.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
been replaying skyrim lately, had an odd thing happen to me. One of the storekeepers i visit a lot mysteriously died. Another NPC replaced her so nothing is lost but I'm dying of curiosity how she died.

I have a few "AI' NPC mods that change a lot how npcs interact including the occasional road trip where NPCs will leave a hold for a bit to do god knows what. My only guess is she left the town and was killed in the wilderness by a bandit or dragon.
Persistent bodies a thing? If so, maybe you can hunt for her corpse. This will be your detective RP character. No mystery too small, no body too badly decomposed for Al Argonian, PI.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm absolutely loving it so far. If you like Rust, or such base building games it's like that but you also catch "pokemon"
Watched one of my favorite streamers play. Still likely not my cup O'tea, but does look way more fun and interesting than I originally thought.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Got the Frenzied Flame ending today. Now i just need the elden lord achievement then ive officially 100% Elden Ring. Not too sure what im going to play after.

God of War 2018 was mid af.

Watched one of my favorite streamers play. Still likely not my cup O'tea, but does look way more fun and interesting than I originally thought.
Who do you watch if you dont mind me asking? understand if you dont wanna share that info.

Reactions: 123TripleDoge

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Got the Frenzied Flame ending today. Now i just need the elden lord achievement then ive officially 100% Elden Ring. Not too sure what im going to play after.

Who do you watch if you dont mind me asking? understand if you dont wanna share that info.
I mainly watch AshIV_ and ShaZam. Neither are huge by any measure but both are super entertaining and keep me company while working. got into both when they were doing DayZ content and then both transitioned to GTA RP which was hilarious. ShaZam is still mainly doing GTA stuff, but I don't think Ash enjoyed it much and he's doing a bunch of different games (including Palworld recently)

Reactions: Sad People

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

I watch Splattercat, Retromation, and Wanderbot.

Reactions: Sad People

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Smokealoke is my favorite streamer by far. Not too big, plays games I like, hilarious, etc.

Patty is great before bed since he streams at night.

Reactions: Minnesota

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Now you can watch this series. Its my Saturday morning cartoon, I can't wait to wake up Saturday morning, grab some coffee, and watch the new episode every week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad