OT: General UFC/MMA/boxing discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Anybody always has a puncher's chance, think Serra vs GSP, but Diaz really doesn't have much chance. Even if he had a year to train for it, McGregor is going to crush him.
The Diaz bros always try to intimidate their opponents with their antics, but that's not going to work with McGregor, he's crazier than they are. I didn't look at the whole press conference but McGregor made Diaz look like a ***** just with his trash talking. Diaz actually shut up...this was a first time seeing that for me.

For one, McGregor is the one talking the most trash and secondly Diaz took the fight on one weeks notice! what possible trash talk could he do? All the odds are against him.

Last edited:

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Let's dispel the fact that Nick Diaz has the best boxing in MMA. He got outboxed by GSP.

I miss GSP :(

I luv GSP but he did not outboxe Diaz. If i remember the fight correctly GSP wanted no part of Diaz s stand up game. GSP barely did damage in that fight, all he did was take downs. Diaz has better boxing then GSP.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Call me insane, but I thought Nick was GSP's most competitive opponent before Hendricks. I know that Condit almost finished GSP, but GSP fairly easily dominated 98% of that fight. I thought GSP really struggled to find any confort zone and had to work uber hard in almost any position to the point he gassed in the 3rd round.

good analysis of the fight.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I remember him using his jab really well and landing more strikes, even standing up. And then bringing him to the ground.

Stats seem to validate what I remember. http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/03/st-pierre-vs-diaz-official-ufc.html

It was a fairly close striking battle on the feet. Even if GSP did outland Diaz, it was competitive as hell, with Diaz landing good shots of his own. Wrestling was really what set both man apart, which will forever be the Kryptonite of Diaz brothers

Last edited:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It was a fairly close striking battle on the feet. Even if GSP did outland Diaz, it was competitive as hell, with Diaz landing good shots of his own. Wrestling was really what set both man apart, which will forever be the Kryptonite of Diaz brothers

Wrestling is also McGregor kryptonite as seen in the first round of the Mendes fight si it shouldn't be much of an issue for Nate.

I fully expect a stand up battle from start to finish. With both guys being showboaters it shoud be entertaining.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I luv GSP but he did not outboxe Diaz. If i remember the fight correctly GSP wanted no part of Diaz s stand up game. GSP barely did damage in that fight, all he did was take downs. Diaz has better boxing then GSP.

and I'm a Diaz fan and wanted him to beat GSP, but I disagree completely. GSP made him look ****** while they were standing. Probably because Nick was getting taken down so much and worried about trying to defend that instead of go on the offense, but still.. GSP was picking up apart and it was depressing. :laugh:

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
While we wait...

Here is a preliminary fight KO from Nordine Kaleb from Tristar (Mtl, Canada)

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
I hope McGregor fight doesn't end in the first round. Would be fun to see him showcase his skills as a MMA fighter.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Nate Diaz, despite all the bad boy character, the guy takes his training seriously and even do triathlons. Impressive.

Hopefully he can give McGregor a run for his money.

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Disturbing respiration with a forearm on the throat is legal. Choking no

Edit: Two hand on throat choking is not legal. Everything else is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad