WC: General Talk '14 — Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
This team's in a state where it shouldn't scoff at any reinforcement whatsoever (as long as it's not another Lüga grinder). So whether Haula's a real skill player or not is irrelevant.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Pretty much this. I don't know him as a player that well, but it matters little if he can be categorized as a "skill player" or "grinder" in the NHL context; in our talent-starved 2014 WHC team he absolutely brings a better skill set than most players with similar elements in their game, including much needed clutch scoring ability. We had Pakarinen in the second line...

He succesfully replaced Granlund before as a centering Min top6 and put equally points at playoffs. Grinder or not he is an upgrade to anyone WC2014 team.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
This team's in a state where it shouldn't scoff at any reinforcement whatsoever (as long as it's not another Lüga grinder). So whether Haula's a real skill player or not is irrelevant.
Yeah, no matter what kind of player Haula is, he is still notably better than more than half the forwards on this team. Which in this context means a shoo-in into a top-six role.

Besides, it's silly that somebody makes these "stop calling Haula a savior" statements - when no one's called him one in the first place. We're simply excited to have a forward who's actually interesting.

Sleeptalker*

A good hockey player is a good hockey player and that's pretty much about it.

And Erik Haula is a good hockey player.

So bring him on for God's sake Erkka!

There is a Finland guy dressed to kill!

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Erik Haula is available for Finland, if he wants to come Westerlund should not hesitate to engage him. He played a good season with the Minnesota Wilds, he seems to be in form.

Finland needs good scorer in the next games against Belorus and especially Switzerland and USA.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Haula has confirmed he will join the team. Wonderful news, a fresh and interesting player who will surely want to impress the nation. Could be a good complement to OJ as well.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
What about Granlund, Jokinen, Määttää? How many spots are left on the Fin roster?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
What about Granlund, Jokinen, Määttää? How many spots are left in the Fin roster?

Jokinen is not coming, it's been confirmed. No word on the others, and there's 1 spot left.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The fact that Haula is coming is also pretty much a confirmation that M.Koivu has declined, as he would likely have been first choice of all of those players.

Granlund, Määttä still slightly possible I suppose, but not likely.

Sleeptalker*

Thats the power of NHL player status. Atleast fans are now happy.

'allelujah and amen to that.

But what's wrong with happy Finn-fans anyway?

Better this way around. And Finland hockey-fans are by the way in many ways rather cool anyway, even in bloody Minsk!

http://www.mtv.fi/sport/mmlatka2014/uutiset.shtml/2014/05/1893970/fanit-janoavat-leijonilta-voittoa

By the way; have some of you even seen a fellow yellow Swede in downtown Minsk?

No, they are still searchin' for Zlatan ... as always!

But remember Belarus: Expect No Mercy - Finland are both here and there!

Hakkaa Päälle Suomi! (Come On Finland!).

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I couldn't see any mention of Brodin in the article. Where did you get that?

Thanks, btw.

It says in the article that Haula is the only Wild player going. Brodin is a Wild player, therefore he is not going either.

Erik Haula tweeted that he is heading to Minsk to represent Finland in the world championships. Haula is the only Wild player participating, I'm told.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
I understand totally why Määttä isn't coming. Young guy so Memorial cup is bigger than WC.

Really like his decision. Dispite lack of coverarage here in Finland, Memorial cup is much more intresting than WC.

Watched it last year for the first time and it was awesome.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
It says in the article that Haula is the only Wild player going. Brodin is a Wild player, therefore he is not going either.

Oh, I see. I read that as he was the only Wild player to join team Finland. But you're probably right. A real shame for both teams.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
So no Määttä to Memorial Cup after all as he wasn't registered in time. Still hope?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
So, what IS confirmed now is that Määttä is healthy and still wants to play. No reason to cork the champagne yet, but... I like where this is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad