General Stars Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Mike Modano was on the ice with Dave Tippett's crew at Coyotes prospect camp today. One the ice during drills, talking with the GM off to the side during the scrimmage. Dude is as smooth a skater as ever.

CJbPEzZUEAE7IAv.jpg

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I don't see a better spot for this, but here goes!

I got a pack of hockey cards for my birthday for the joy of shared nostalgia. I pulled a pretty cool Jack Campbell autographed rookie card. He doesn't seem to be the most popular player around these parts, but if someone has a kid who'd be interested (or if someone wants to pretend to have an interested kid) I'll put it in some plastic, slap a stamp on an envelope, and drop it in the mail.

Cheers

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't see a better spot for this, but here goes!

I got a pack of hockey cards for my birthday for the joy of shared nostalgia. I pulled a pretty cool Jack Campbell autographed rookie card. He doesn't seem to be the most popular player around these parts, but if someone has a kid who'd be interested (or if someone wants to pretend to have an interested kid) I'll put it in some plastic, slap a stamp on an envelope, and drop it in the mail.

Cheers

I'm sorry for your loss :sarcasm:

I'm sure you'll find a taker here, if you haven't already.

Arpi3080

Everybody be cool!
Aug 12, 2011
I'm curious who will get the A's after Horcoff an Daley left Dallas.
Maybe Fiddler and Sharp/Spezza?

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Stars=Hawks?

So with Niemi and Sharp added to the roster this offseason although older but more experienced I look at the Stars and think maybe we got a little Hawks going on here.

Seguin is Kane-ish and Benn is Toews-ish. But the big difference is on D where the Hawks got Keith and Seabrook.
But then again the Hawks never had a 2nd line center like Spezza.

I cant wait for the upcoming season.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
That's a huge difference. Any team in the league immediately looks twice as good with that pairing running over the boards 22+ minutes a game.

True to an extent, with the Hawks winning 3 of 6, and the Kings winning two of the others. But, besides Dougthy, I don't think the rest of the Kings D was all that highly regarded, at least until they won. Even this year, the Hawks had one strong pair, and the next two pairs had questions - including Oduya - and certainly the third pair was seldom used.

Looking back a bit further, not every winner had that real dominant top D man, and certainly few had a pair like that. And some writers thought that offense had become the way to win over the D that the Stars and Devils had when they won.

So, there are different ways to win. Maybe rolling up to 8 nearly equal D and keeping them fresh will work in a few years. At least, and about 22 other teams have to hope so, or otherwise we are screwed, because that kind of top pair is hard to find. Two successive GM's here have used a lot of draft picks to try to luck into it, and may have succeeded. Time will tell.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
So with Niemi and Sharp added to the roster this offseason although older but more experienced I look at the Stars and think maybe we got a little Hawks going on here.

Seguin is Kane-ish and Benn is Toews-ish. But the big difference is on D where the Hawks got Keith and Seabrook.
But then again the Hawks never had a 2nd line center like Spezza.

I cant wait for the upcoming season.

Me and Nill got the same mind :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...464.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
i think y'all should trade benn to nashville for seth jones and kevin fiala

Why?

Why doesn't Nashville trade Weber to us for Klingberg and Nichushkin?

Neither deal makes any sense.

lance78

Jul 7, 2010
Denver
Did anyone see the Foxsports Southwest show 'On Headset-In game with the Dallas a Stars coaches'? I think it aired last week.

I am out of market in Denver and do not get FSSW. Does anyone know if it is available to view online?

Ronobono

Sep 1, 2014
Netherlands
How to get tickets,...

I am thinking about traveling to New York begin january With a brother in law living in Manhatten, i don`t need to pay for those stupid high priced hotel rooms. So i have a qustion, do the stars sell tickets for away games ? In Europe you have seats for away supporters.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I am thinking about traveling to New York begin january With a brother in law living in Manhatten, i don`t need to pay for those stupid high priced hotel rooms. So i have a qustion, do the stars sell tickets for away games ? In Europe you have seats for away supporters.

No, the lack of fan violence and the distance between places make that kind of system unnecessary. I think you can find tickets on the secondary market pretty easily, I always have no trouble getting Caps fans to part with theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad