General Stars Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That 2.97 is an eyesore. That's such an awkward angle for a shot, too.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Dallas enters today 6 points back of Winnipeg for the final playoff spot and according to sportsclub we stand about a 2.3% chance of making the playoffs. Dallas is in 12th place in the west and with so many teams ahead of us in the standings, it's becoming very clear that the Stars will have to win 11 or 12 of the remaining 13 games to get in. But those facts are for nerds and smart people, and while I've been accused of many things in my life, smart has never been one of them. So instead lets look at the teams above us in the standings.

Vancouver: I think they have overachieved so far this year, but they are 8 points above us in the standings, so it doesn't really matter as we are not catching them.
Calgary: Gio is hurt, but the Flames are still playing really good hockey despite the loss of their best player, and they are imo the hardest working team in the league by a mile.
Minnesota: Dubnyk is a mother ******* cyborg, that is all.
Winnepeg: I never watch them unless they are playing the Stars, so all I know is its cold there, haha suckers (I live in Newfoundland so misery loves company).
LA: They've shot themselves in the foot many times this year by doing things uncharacteristic of the Kings like blowing third period leads, playing soft, and turning the puck over at inopportune times, honestly I think the Stars could pass them.
San Jose: One of the best franchises in the league has turned into a soap opera, I think we can pass them
Colorado: Dallas is flat out a better team, they need to be passed if there is any shot at making it.

I think with the Stars playing great hockey, our playoff chances are better then the odds might suggest, but that is still one heck of an uphill battle.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Winnipeg has lost four key members and their goalies arent playing very well anymore either.

They're definitely passable.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I hope so, but despite being banged up they held the #1 offense in the league to only 16 shots last night. Paul Maurice is one of the finest coaches in the NHL and he won't give up a playoff spot without a fight; furthermore, I'm a staunch believer in Michael Hutchinson and I also wouldn't go as to say their goalies are struggling. I wrote the Jets off at the start of the year and I wrote them off again when their defensive core went down with injuries. I think they have defied logic this year with their good play, but nevertheless I hope your right. If the Stars have any shot whatsoever, the Jets have to be passed.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Worth noting on St. Paddy's I was wearing my Jamie Benn jersey and all the drunken students around campus either asked me "Is that a Benn jersey?" or simply said "Yo... that better be a ****ing Jamie Benn jersey."

Not one single Seguin remark. Jamie Benn is #1 in the minds and hearts of drunk college students.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Training camp will be in Cedar Park this year.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
If we go with a 3rd, I'd like to see something like this.

41oAcXpqSzL.jpg

Yeah these were pretty badass

4926-206Bk.jpg

4926-206Fr.jpg

BigDStars

Sep 1, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Teams' most disappointing seasons in the 2000's

Thought this was an interesting read:
It is yet to be determined which teams' season will end in disappointment this year, but each team has missed the mark or their goals at some point during the 2000s. This list has each teams' season that kept players and fans up at night during the off-season. What do you think is the most disappointing season for each NHL team?

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/03/30-nhl-teams-disappointing-season-2000s/

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sounding more and more like Peverley wants to try and play again. Don't know many details, just have seen it pop up a couple times on Twitter now.

Interesting.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Why is Brenden Dillon training in Dallas, and I can't figure out who anyone else is.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The hell is that group...?

No clue. I'd understand more if they weren't at the Stars facility. Dillon being their just is strange as hell. If he wasn't, I'd assume the Stars were just letting some local prospects participate in the program.

With Dillon there, I wonder if Jellis runs a program on the side (like Gary Roberts did when he was associated with the team) ... if he did though ... that wouldn't be in a Dallas Stars facility you'd think.

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette

Why is Brenden Dillon training in Dallas, and I can't figure out who anyone else is.

Dillon is there because Colin Jacobs is there. CJ is a sabres draft pick from Coppell who played on Seattle with Dillon. They were best friends I believe so Dillon comes often to spend time here with him

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Question as I'm in Frisco for work through the end of the year and I'm right by Dr Pepper arena, just wondering when the Stars have dates for prospects camp or training camp, give me something to do while I'm in town.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Question as I'm in Frisco for work through the end of the year and I'm right by Dr Pepper arena, just wondering when the Stars have dates for prospects camp or training camp, give me something to do while I'm in town.

It's this week. The schedule is posted on the official site or I'm sure someone here can lead you to it. The scrimmage is Saturday.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

It's this week. The schedule is posted on the official site or I'm sure someone here can lead you to it. The scrimmage is Saturday.

I'll get you a link soon, if you don't have it already. Headed home from work shortly.

Also, I plan on getting some prospect profiles for our draftees up at some point as well today. Guryanov already has his own thread, so I'll just update that, Hintz will get his own thread, and then Martenet, Cecconi, and Ruusu will share one (for now - if they become legit prospects down the road, I can split the thread up). It'll be akin to what BigG used to do, I'll just post whatever scouting reports and videos I can find via Google and the Prospects board here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad