OT: General OT Thread #42: The Answer to the Ultimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Catching up on Oscar movies today.

Wonder Woman was fun and pretty and I really enjoyed it.

The Big Sick was fantastic, absolutely loved it.

Get Out was phenomenal. I was sweating the entire time and oh my goodness I just can’t say enough about it, can’t believe I missed out on it until now.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Catching up on Oscar movies today.

Wonder Woman was fun and pretty and I really enjoyed it.

The Big Sick was fantastic, absolutely loved it.

Get Out was phenomenal. I was sweating the entire time and oh my goodness I just can’t say enough about it, can’t believe I missed out on it until now.

"Get Out" was a movie that we kind of just rented on a whim and didn't really think much about, but ohh my did that movie ever set itself apart from just about everything else. That was one of the most interesting movies I have seen in years. I am glad that you also enjoyed it.

Reactions: tomgilbertfan

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
The Big Sick was good. Get Out was great, very well-crafted and worth the few times I had to actively make sure I didn't spoil it before I got around to seeing it.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I had to listen to a friend rant about TLJ for a good 30min tonight while at the Wild game. I get that it was a pretty poor SW movie in terms of story and plot, but there is only so much someone can complain about.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I had to listen to a friend rant about TLJ for a good 30min tonight while at the Wild game. I get that it was a pretty poor SW movie in terms of story and plot, but there is only so much someone can complain about.

pfft. There isn't a limit on how much someone can complain about anything.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
When it comes to scifi movies I have 2 ways that I view them. Movies like SW to me can get away with being overly silly when it comes to realism and super strong plots because they seem to have a lot more of a fantasy feel to them as well. The Alien movies are an example of the other way I look at sci fi films. Aside from the xenomorphs they encounter almost everything technology wise seems feasible at some point in the future whether it be space travel or androids.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Seen:
Logan
Dunkirk
The Post
Darkest Hour
Blade Runner 2049

Haven't seen:
The Shape of Water
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing..
Get Out
Call Me By Your Name
Lady Byrd

E: Might be seeing Shape of The Plagiarism tomorrow..

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I saw Game Night, best comedy I've seen in years! Purely situational comedy, they never felt the need to go the raunchy route. That is such a rare thing in comedy these days.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Any of you guys by chance have a Google Home Max?

I've been looking into getting a quality speaker or speakers for my house. I'm far from an audiophile, but I do appreciate good sound, and I like playing music. Add in the awesome Google Assistant built into the Home speakers, and it seems like a great deal.

I'm seriously considering taking some money from my tax return to get one. Plus, Google has a deal right now where you buy a Home Max, and get a free Home Mini. It would be cool to have the Max in the living room, and then be able to also have a Mini in the bedroom or something.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
That's exactly what they want... :skeptic:

Actually, you should want to do that anyway. There are significantly less chances that someone fraudulently files for you and steals your tax return. While you'll eventually get it, it will take a LOOOOONG time to get that money back and you'll spend a good portion of your stress and time trying to get it sorted out with the state and IRS.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I just binged on an older BBC show, Long Way Round. Documentary series where Ewan McGregor and another actor friend travel on BMW GS motorcycles from London, all the way east through Russia (fly to Alaska) and ride from Alaska to NY City. Was really was entranced with the show (other than a couple moments in which McGregor preaches the evil of hunting ... right after shots of him fishing!), and it really made me want to sell my Honda and drop some cash on a BMW or Triumph Adventure bike, take some time off work, and go cruise for an extended period of time. The have another one, Long Way Down, where they travel from Scotland to South Africa ... going to have to check that out.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I just binged on an older BBC show, Long Way Round. Documentary series where Ewan McGregor and another actor friend travel on BMW GS motorcycles from London, all the way east through Russia (fly to Alaska) and ride from Alaska to NY City. Was really was entranced with the show (other than a couple moments in which McGregor preaches the evil of hunting ... right after shots of him fishing!), and it really made me want to sell my Honda and drop some cash on a BMW or Triumph Adventure bike, take some time off work, and go cruise for an extended period of time. The have another one, Long Way Down, where they travel from Scotland to South Africa ... going to have to check that out.

I think I started watching one of those after I ran out of BBC Top Gear specials, but didn't finish it for some reason.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My Harbor Freight catalog* came in the mail today, and it made my day. It's weird how something so innocuous improved my disposition 10 fold.

*a catalog, for all you young whippersnappers, is a bunch of pictures of things to buy with the prices listed and a quick description. It also has adds and coupons. And is printed on paper and bound together with staples of glue. It's about the size of a comic book.:sarcasm: Sadly, I've had actually this conversation before with a functioning member of society adult. :banghead:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
My Harbor Freight catalog* came in the mail today, and it made my day. It's weird how something so innocuous improved my disposition 10 fold.

*a catalog, for all you young whippersnappers, is a bunch of pictures of things to buy with the prices listed and a quick description. It also has adds and coupons. And is printed on paper and bound together with staples of glue. It's about the size of a comic book.:sarcasm: Sadly, I've had actually this conversation before with a functioning member of society adult. :banghead:
What's their deal? All I ever see are coupons that say "free with any purchase" all over the place.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What's their deal? All I ever see are coupons that say "free with any purchase" all over the place.

Those are nice to have when I stop in for whatever consumables I'm out of. I get a free flashlight, batteries, or whatever. They make nice stocking stuffers.

They aren't big brand name tools, but when I need something I for a single use, or I don't feel bad about filing down to make fit in a tight spot; I'm only out a couple of bucks instead of overpaying the Snap-on guy.

The 20% off coupons are what I really like. I'm waiting until it warms up and using one of them on a big standing media blaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad