OT: General OT Thread #42: The Answer to the Ultimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Please do!

Funny, I lived in Kirkland for two years. I am now on Bainbridge Island. I have made it to Vancouver but not Vancouver Island, but I'd love to go.

Kirkland was a pretty good place, but super expensive- beyond just the normal West Coast expensive. Not that Bainbridge is cheap...I miss MN. But the wifey will never move to MN with the cold winters.

Cheers and Merry Christmas
Back at you.

Actually we were just renting a townhouse in Kirkland, then moved up to Lake Stevens. Love the islands, but we already had our idyllic spread just north of Victoria ...couple acres on the water. Had my kayak, crab pots, etc... My wife won't go back due to allergies and the unremitting gloom. I'd move back in a flash, though it's damn pricey.

I have a long history of living in the PNW, whether it be around Seattle or on the the side of the border.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Huh? I've heard the opposite. It has 93% on rotten tomatoes. Unless you're talking about reviewers/people you might trust more than a national movie reviewer type person. I know that regardless of what I hear I will like it, though.

Same, I've heard overwhelming good things about the new movie. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I'll go see it eventually.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Back at you.

Actually we were just renting a townhouse in Kirkland, then moved up to Lake Stevens. Love the islands, but we already had our idyllic spread just north of Victoria ...couple acres on the water. Had my kayak, crab pots, etc... My wife won't go back due to allergies and the unremitting gloom. I'd move back in a flash, though it's damn pricey.

I have a long history of living in the PNW, whether it be around Seattle or on the the side of the border.

Yeah man it's a beautiful area. Especially somewhere like Lake Stevens or Issaquah.

Sounds like you guys had a great spot!

I don't really like Seattle proper, though I do like the Ballard, Fremont, Queen Anne area. I also don't like the crazy politics here either. But damnit, it's got to be top 3 most beautiful places to live in the lower 48.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Really enjoyed TLJ, loved how it subverted my expectations and I thought it was really good.

There are some legit gripes about it, but a lot of what I am reading online is of the “this movie doesn’t fit my headcannon” variety.

Just watched it today and your post pretty much sums up my initial reaction. People complaining about it generally are complaining because it didn’t meet their own personal expectations. There are definitely some parts that felt a little silly or unnecessary, but overall I think it did a good job of continuing the story and leading into #9.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Happy New Year, everyone!!

Poor Ryan Seacrest crying all night about the wimpy -5 windchill in New York. "Oh my god!!! It's a bone chilling 10 degrees outside!!! We're not gonna make it!!!"

Kid needs to grow a pair. He'd never survive the upper midwest. :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Poor Ryan Seacrest crying all night about the wimpy -5 windchill in New York. "Oh my god!!! It's a bone chilling 10 degrees outside!!! We're not gonna make it!!!"

I haven't seen double digit temps since Christmas. 10 degrees and -5 wc after dark, NYC is nice and warm.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

21zzwg.jpg

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Lake Minnetonka is fun to watch this time of year. Jet ski's have been replaced with snowmobiles, boats have been replaced with ice fishers, cars flying across the lake at 80-100 mph, etc.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We've just discovered "All Dressed Potato Chips" here. A mix of Salt & Vinegar, BBQ, Ketchup, Sour Cream and Onion, Dill Pickle. Sounds gross, but they are spectacular!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->