OT: General OT Thread #37: Warren G Harding Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Woke up today and have been developing some kind of stomach flu all day.

This is just great.

Also eh...if it was completely unmanageable I'd do a rolling stop, but it only takes a couple extra seconds and thankfully the traffic is never even moderately heavy. Usually.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So I like to write a lot in my free time. In the last ~3 years or so I have been shifting from writing for established properties (fan fiction) to my own original stuff.

I struggled hard to think of the plot for my first one (actually set in Minnesota, btw) but in the last month or so I have thought of and outlined three solid stories, the latest of which today. These outlines are some of the best things I have ever done. The world building and background information, plot lines, depth, everything is pretty much the best I've done.

But I just have no desire to actually write the actual stories. The actual books. I'm about 1/4th of the way through the first, about two pages into the second, and the last two have good outlines but nothing else.

Kind of depressing. At least I don't have mumps.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Well llamapalooza.... I'm taking you up on that beer offer!
Pulled the trigger, accepted the job, moving to California in June.. The Wild better make this season one to remember because I won't see them for awhile after this!!

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Pulled the trigger, accepted the job, moving to California in June.. The Wild better make this season one to remember because I won't see them for awhile after this!!

Congrats! Get Gamecenter live with the new fat stacks of cash you'll be receiving.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Congrats!

And if a job offer was lucrative enough to move out to California, then surely you can afford Center Ice and/or the like! You can still see every Wild game.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Woke up today and have been developing some kind of stomach flu all day.

This is just great.

Also eh...if it was completely unmanageable I'd do a rolling stop, but it only takes a couple extra seconds and thankfully the traffic is never even moderately heavy. Usually.

Really hope that you feel better Avder.. And well.. At least it isnt' the mumps.. :( Take care man.

So I like to write a lot in my free time. In the last ~3 years or so I have been shifting from writing for established properties (fan fiction) to my own original stuff.

I struggled hard to think of the plot for my first one (actually set in Minnesota, btw) but in the last month or so I have thought of and outlined three solid stories, the latest of which today. These outlines are some of the best things I have ever done. The world building and background information, plot lines, depth, everything is pretty much the best I've done.

But I just have no desire to actually write the actual stories. The actual books. I'm about 1/4th of the way through the first, about two pages into the second, and the last two have good outlines but nothing else.

Kind of depressing. At least I don't have mumps.

So you have the outlines of the stories all thought out. But you just can't bring yourself to do the actual writing? I know how daunting a project a long story must be. I can't imagine actually going about a project that huge. I've tried and haven't made it past the very first stages of the idea for the novel. It sounds like as much as you have thought about it that it will eventually come to fruition. The work you have already put into it will still be there someday when you are ready to tackle it. I know you can do it. Good luck.

Best of luck in the move! Hope that it is a good experience for you.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I wrote my own fan fiction before. Just keep writing **** down and reorganize it in a way that fits and flows logically. That's what I do :laugh:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Congrats and good luck!

Jarick

Doing Nothing

Congrats! That should be a fun adventure.

Had an interesting hockey game last night. First off, it was at 9:30pm on a Thursday. Second, I forgot to check my bag and had left my breezers at home. Luckily one of our old teammates came out to watch since he lived a couple minutes away and grabbed his for me. Then our goalie went to the wrong rink so we didn't have one.

We ended up playing with six skaters and actually came away from the first period up 5 to 4. Then our goalie showed up and we all stopped skating hard :laugh: We ended up winning 10-7. I got four goals, tying my personal best.

I actually scored 7 seconds apart on one of them. Was a cool play, my center told me he'd push the puck ahead and I cheated jumping the slightest bit early, he pushed it to me, I made a quick pass to the other winger, he pulled the D to him then sent a pass through their legs to me for a breakaway, forehand, backhand, goal. Good feeling.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Congrats! Get Gamecenter live with the new fat stacks of cash you'll be receiving.

For sure!! I already have it here though! Go go gadget proxy!

Congrats!

And if a job offer was lucrative enough to move out to California, then surely you can afford Center Ice and/or the like! You can still see every Wild game.

Thanks!! I'm sure I still won't be able to afford it looking at the price of rent out there....

Congrats! :handclap:

Thanks!!!

Best of luck in the move! Hope that it is a good experience for you.

Thanks!! Me too!!

Congrats!! I'll keep my eye out for a PM. :)

Awesome! Hopefully some of your hockey leagues need a goalie too! :yo:

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks Lapa!

Congrats! That should be a fun adventure.

Thanks Jarick! It'll at least be a warm one!!

Congrats on the job!

Thanks!!!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
FYI guys, you can now embed tweets here on HF. Example:

So basically, it's [ tweet ]tweet ID[ / tweet ] . Remove the spaces.

Tweet ID is the bolded part of the link: https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/546057455785242625

Last edited:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
latest

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Congrats Judge! Have fun out in Cali.

So you have the outlines of the stories all thought out. But you just can't bring yourself to do the actual writing? I know how daunting a project a long story must be. I can't imagine actually going about a project that huge. I've tried and haven't made it past the very first stages of the idea for the novel. It sounds like as much as you have thought about it that it will eventually come to fruition. The work you have already put into it will still be there someday when you are ready to tackle it. I know you can do it. Good luck.

The thing that bums me out is that I have my gf read through all my outlines to see if she likes them or to see if anything does not make sense. She thought this latest one was the best by far. And honestly I like it better than most that I have written out but I just can't find the motivation to sit down and get to the nitty gritty.

I wrote my own fan fiction before. Just keep writing **** down and reorganize it in a way that fits and flows logically. That's what I do :laugh:

That's pretty much what I do to start out until I start going back and editing it and everything. Its disorganized and can get pretty messy, but it gets the job done for a while haha

FYI guys, you can now embed tweets here on HF.

Nice. Thanks for the update.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Anybody else out there enjoy the old disc golf?

I started playing about 2.5 years ago, and am totally hooked.

It's largely free, the discs are affordable, and there are TONS of courses out there to explore nationwide, all outside, and some quite beautiful.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

It's largely free, the discs are affordable, and there are TONS of courses out there to explore nationwide, all outside, and some quite beautiful.

I have played a few times. I'm not very good, and I usually just tag along with friends who play and use their discs. But it is a pretty good time. And obviously a major plus that the courses are free!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I've been re-watching Game of Thrones with one of my roommates, who has never seen the show. We're going to watch more tonight. Next episode up: S3E9 :laugh:

[spoil]The Red Wedding. [/spoil]

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland

I've been playing like 1.5 years relatively actively, had to end this season early just before september due to some unrelated health issues, but I'm pretty much hooked. I played 70 rounds in 90 days by the end of august.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Finally, a good weekend. Not much to worry about, some nice sleep, and today, I went to my first basketball game in 9 years.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Welp, me and the kiddo have the flu. Sucks hard, especially considering we probably wont be able to do much for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad