OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 2 - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Have you ever heard of Schrodinger's Douchebag? LOL JUST KIDDING!

I never complained about how loud they are. A licensed fireworks show is fine in the right place at the right time. Again, for the last time, this is several days of illegal, huge Class A fireworks in very dangerous areas late at night. It's not complaining about how loud fireworks are on the 4th, or hating fireworks, or calling the cops on anyone, or Karening, so you can stop being outraged. Your swaggery patriotism is duly noted, brave warrior.

And I'm not sure why you keep talking about "after the last 1.5 years" or "these days". What does that even mean in this context? Everyone has suffered. That means people get to be dicks to their neighbors all of a sudden, and risk setting the neighborhood on fire, or blow someone up, because FREEDOM? Please elaborate.
It means that last year people were locked in their houses. I’m honestly thankful that I was standing with neighbors not talking about COVID. If some of them went a little long and my kid didn’t go to sleep oh well. In the grand scheme of things it seems like a small thing to gripe about.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It means that last year people were locked in their houses. I’m honestly thankful that I was standing with neighbors not talking about COVID. If some of them went a little long and my kid didn’t go to sleep oh well. In the grand scheme of things it seems like a small thing to gripe about.

Ok well everyone is not you, we don't all live under the same circumstances. What you enjoy others might rightfully find obnoxious and dangerous. These types of fireworks are illegal for a reason. See: dead goalie.

"In the grand scheme of things" everything we do is small. Me coming to your house to burn it down doesn't move the cosmic needle at all. But you sure as hell wouldn't like it. Have you ever been in a burning building, with suffocating smoke and light fixtures melting and exploding around you? I have and don't want to do it again. So excuse me if I don't put much value in cavalier attitudes about these big ass fireworks blowing up so close to us.

I don't really care if people light off firecrackers or whatever. At worst around here you might blow up your hand or hurt yourself or some other dumbass near you. I've taken that risk before when I was young and dumb. But you do not f*** with the big stuff. The lack of consideration due to lateness or kids/dogs is secondary to that.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
upload_2021-7-7_16-38-21.gif

I still think the dogs are the problem…

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Have you ever been in a burning building, with suffocating smoke and light fixtures melting and exploding around you? I have and don't want to do it again. So excuse me if I don't put much value in cavalier attitudes about these big ass fireworks blowing up so close to us.

Your house was burned down by fireworks? I’m honestly asking. B/c if so I completely understand why you feel as strongly as you do.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Your house was burned down by fireworks? I’m honestly asking. B/c if so I completely understand why you feel as strongly as you do.

and if not?

(BRB popcorn). ;)

I jest….if that’s happened to anyone, totally understand….if not, asshole neighbors do suck, it’s either deal with it somehow or move.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Not burned down entirely and not caused by fireworks but I've been in a house fire and another situation that came very close. In the former case I ran back in to save the animals and was inside when flashover started but managed to escape before being overcome by smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad