General Discussion (All Team/Player News/UFA Talk) - Offseason thread part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Lou should be canned immediately if he trades Henrique for #11. Don't even pack your bags, go to the airport and get the hell out. You don't trade your future captain who is one of the best PKers in the league/plays in all situations/likely has multiple 30goal seasons ahead of him on the chance #11 overall becomes better than him in 3+ years. What forwards are you building around without Henrique? Zajac and????

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Henrique is one of the last players we should even think about trading, unless we're getting a massive upgrade in return.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Lou should be canned immediately if he trades Henrique for #11. Don't even pack your bags, go to the airport and get the hell out. You don't trade your future captain who is one of the best PKers in the league/plays in all situations/likely has multiple 30goal seasons ahead of him on the chance #11 overall becomes better than him in 3+ years. What forwards are you building around without Henrique? Zajac and????

Only losers make trades like that. You'd have to get extremely lucky to get a player better than Henrique and wait a minimum of 2 years to see any tangible benefit.

Holy Jesus we need something real to discuss. Between the Lou/Conte fight, the Marty/Cory stuff, now the Sal/Volch nonsense, this place has gone off the deep end.

I need a drink.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I really don't have a problem with CBGB, as long as we're upgrading the top six. That line can still be an effective fourth line. It's when they're forced into top 9 roles where it becomes a problem.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
A big fat no to another year of CBGB. Mostly because of Bernier, honestly.

If the right moves are made (ie top-6 upgraded, Ryder/Zubrus moved, fat trimmed on D), I'd be fine with a Ruutu-Carter-Gionta fourth line. Just no CBGB.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
With CBGB that's like 13 forwards on the roster not including potential call-ups like Boucher, Matteau, or Sislo. It would be tough to upgrade your top 6 when you are bringing back basically the whole forward group from last year. So I just hope it's Lou just saying stuff to the media and not really indicative of his real plans.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I really don't have a problem with CBGB, as long as we're upgrading the top six. That line can still be an effective fourth line. It's when they're forced into top 9 roles where it becomes a problem.

Bernier was an absolute black hole production-wise last year and looked horrible in all three zones. We all know the flaws with Gionta, which stem from Pete's (over)use of him.

Like I said, in certain circumstances, I'd be cool with bringing 2/3 of them back and rolling a 15-20-11 fourth line. Just no CBGB, and definitely no Bernier.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yeah, I'd be fine with dumping Bernier. Carter I'd definitely bring back, and Gionta I like more than most people. As long as he's just playing as a fourth liner (which he would if we upgraded the top six and knocked some guys down the lineup).

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
With CBGB that's like 13 forwards on the roster not including potential call-ups like Boucher, Matteau, or Sislo. It would be tough to upgrade your top 6 when you are bringing back basically the whole forward group from last year. So I just hope it's Lou just saying stuff to the media and not really indicative of his real plans.

Well, I'm hoping we dump Ryder and replace him with a better forward. Plus you know Clowe will go down eventually. And it wouldn't surprise me if one of the aging forwards goes down at some point either.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
you need to have SOME skill on your 4th line nowadays...and Gionta doesn't really have much. plus Pete will undoubtedly overplay him so we absolutely do NOT need him back.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
Very disheartening to read that Lou wants to bring back all UFAs.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...liance_buyout_hope_to_re-sign_potential_ufas/

If CBGB line return, it pretty much completes our lineup for the new season, with the exception of a new backup goalie.

For a team that failed to make the playoffs, there should be new blood brought in.

His comments about waiting on the compliance tells me he's anticipating a problem resigning his FA defensemen and might need one if not both Sal and Volch.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
His comments about waiting on the compliance tells me he's anticipating a problem resigning his FA defensemen and might need one if not both Sal and Volch.

eh, I'm not sure I believe that. he said the same **** last year about Hedberg. hes probably trying to see if anyone wants to trade for either of the 2 cement skaters, but I highly doubt they do

The Broadway Hat

Jun 17, 2014
Hey guys Ranger fan coming in peace

What's the deal with Fayne? I think you guys have like 8 dmen signed and was wondering if you plan on keeping him. Seems like a Sather move to steal one of Lou's guys by overpaying lol. Just asking.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
eh, I'm not sure I believe that. he said the same **** last year about Hedberg. hes probably trying to see if anyone wants to trade for either of the 2 cement skaters, but I highly doubt they do

Hedberg was different. He was done. By cutting one or both loose that would significantly help their chances of catching on with another team. There's no reason to not use the buy out. Like you said there is no trade market. Larrson is not going to be easy to sign. Odds are he will cave and sign but he's not going to make it easy.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Hey guys Ranger fan coming in peace

What's the deal with Fayne? I think you guys have like 8 dmen signed and was wondering if you plan on keeping him. Seems like a Sather move to steal one of Lou's guys by overpaying lol. Just asking.

Hahah, yea good luck overpaying for Fayne when you won't be able to afford your own UFAs.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Hedberg was different. He was done. By cutting one or both loose that would significantly help their chances of catching on with another team. There's no reason to not use the buy out. Like you said there is no trade market. Larrson is not going to be easy to sign. Odds are he will cave and sign but he's not going to make it easy.

I bet Larssons contract negotiations sound a lot like Schnieders. Promise me I will get playing time and we have a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad