GDT: Gee Dee Tee - Anaheim at Buffalo, 12:30 EST

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That might be the most embarrassing quote yet.

Adams already runs his roster building on hope. Now its the coaches f***ing gameplan too.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
That might be the most embarrassing quote yet.

Adams already runs his roster building on hope. Now its the coaches f***ing gameplan too.
Maybe he means after the deadline once Okposo girgensons and EJ are gone

Reactions: Fearnot

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I thought they played well for the first two periods. For some reason were flat in the third. I know some of that was Anaheim clogging up the neutral zone but they didn't look like the cared that much.

Reactions: HOOats and paulmm3

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Is it the players from all 13 years of ineptitude or the players who dressed today that yucked up a most winnable game today?

1708376001999.png

This team is unentertaing, and to be honest, somewhat unlikeable.

Or perhaps I'm being unreasonable, and it's all part of the learning curve....

-Sarcasm mode off.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe he means after the deadline once Okposo girgensons and EJ are gone
I wish he meant anything. He doesn’t. He is out of answers and has been for months. 31 organizations would have fired him already in this position.

Reactions: Fearnot

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
you cant throw away good goalie performances like they have because games like this happen. Our tank team won games exactly like the ducks just did. It happens. Some of Sabres other performances…can’t

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Only watched the highlights but man it looked like EJ had a very rough game. Lost his man multiple times. I also hate the Okposo line blowing the d-zone early. Looks worse than the kid line in that regard.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Only watched the highlights but man it looked like EJ had a very rough game. Lost his man multiple times. I also hate the Okposo line blowing the d-zone early. Looks worse than the kid line in that regard.
I mean, its obviously what the coaching staff is teaching them. It's the only conclusion at this point.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I mean, its obviously what the coaching staff is teaching them. It's the only conclusion at this point.

Yeah, I get that impression too, but it's one thing for a fast kid to blow the zone and another for Girgensons and Okposo to do it.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
It's so strange how they tend to look so good on the road. They looked really good against Minnesota
I wouldn't say they looked really good. They just found a way to make the plays when it mattered most, which is something they have done very little of this year.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I get that results are what get recorded in the standings. But for a fanbase that's already written off whatever tiny chance the Sabres have to make the playoffs, why still agonize over wins & losses? Any victory is just a moral victory at this point.

We absolutely mashed a bad Ducks team today, 83% on the same deserve-to-win-o-meter that gets cited as gospel to detract from "undeserved" wins. Four braindead mistakes and some leaky goaltending cost us two standings points. Those two points are going to evaporate into the ether like all the other points in a season that sadly won't be remembered in detail.

A lot of the young players that I intend on supporting for years to come looked very good today. If you told me that one of Benson and Carlsson was the #2 overall pick last June, I would have had a difficult time guessing blind. JJ has the movements of an actual star at 22 imo. Cozens is back from the dead.

I know I can't argue people out of their own emotions, but I just didn't feel despair today. Disappointment sure, but I also understand why Don didn't commit seppuku at the urging of titans like Matt Bové and Mike Harrington postgame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad