GDT: Gee Dee Tee - Anaheim at Buffalo, 12:30 EST

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Margins are too low for this team. This should hopefully improve next season with some growth from the young guys. Still think this is a down year.

Need to move on from SKinner Girgensons and Okposo. Buy him out.
Fire Granato in the offseason. I am not interested in getting one now and lowering our pick with a coach bump.

If KA can make some good moves/signings this offseason, maybe one at deadline, he can stay.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I wouldn’t say this is necessarily true either. The margins on this team need to vastly improve as well as the special teams. I have no issue with revamping the assistants next year, addition by subtraction with 6-21-28-75 and bringing up Kulich and bringing more roster additions to add some things we don’t have by trade.

If it’s more of the same come December next year, chop Don.
Why are you okay with bringing up unfinished products like to the main roster to a coaching staff that has shown itself to be terrible in bringing more out of the players? Shoot, I think we should be sending Benson to Rochester next year for development and getting more out of his game.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Why are you okay with bringing up unfinished products like to the main roster to a coaching staff that has shown itself to be terrible in bringing more out of the players? Shoot, I think we should be sending Benson to Rochester next year for development and getting more out of his game.
Not an option. Benson is WHL or NHL next year.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Down game for UPL, but otherwise, a lot to like in this one. It's hard to detachmy opinion from the high bar I have for them considering the hole they dug for themselves.

Some stand-outs:

1. Thompson seems to be coming on. I have no idea what his issue was, but he's starting to be more effective 5 on 5. I do think that line needs an upgrade on playmaking from the wing. Skinner is not doing it.

2. Krebs - I love him and Benson together. This is the guy from Juniors they traded for.

3. Greenway - it's a shame this guy is a trade target. They need him.

4. Joker - love his game lately.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I used to watch all of the games live, now I record them and fast forward through commercials. And in todays case I fast forwarded to all of the goals in the game and skipped the rest of that boring dreck.

I didn’t think UPL was all that bad. He got hung out to dry by the skaters on the 4 goals, they were all mini 2 on 0's or 1 on 0's. Where no one could be bothered to even attempt to play defense. Could UPL have saved goals 2 and 4? Yeah, but a Sabres skater could have also cleared the puck out of the crease on both of those after UPL made the initial save if they gave a shit.

Frustrating that we only gave up 6 high danger chances all game and the ducks converted 4 of them. Skaters played well aside from the breakdowns that led to goals against. But jeez were those breakdowns ugly.

R Johnson victimized. On ice for all 4 goals against. EJ and Girgs on ice for 3.

GA 3 was due to a lazy change. Benson and Peterka jumped over the boards and just floated uselessly while Girgs, Johnson/Johnson got smoked at the end of a long shift.

Reactions: Chainshot

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
uh because up to this season they’ve done in a great job?

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I sat and fumed at the game yesterday. Sloppy plays; forwards who kept trying to stickhandle and losing the puck when open mates were awaiting a pass-with immediate counter attacks against us; 2 goals that UPL should have had but as said above no help from his team mates in clearing the opp from the net or clearing the puck; terrible execution on clear cut chances to score....Thompson's shot seemed to lack its usual zip. This one reminded me of the earlier home game with Montreal--all over them but a stupendously negligent attention to detail--as if they expected the Ducks to lie down for them. I keep saying I won't go anymore but so badly want to see them win a Cup before old man time tells me it is my time-I am well past my "best before " date. 50 years ago Punch would have bag skated them and had film sessions to show them their carelessness-I suspect that would put today's players into such a funk they would get a doctor's note.....

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I sat and fumed at the game yesterday. Sloppy plays; forwards who kept trying to stickhandle and losing the puck when open mates were awaiting a pass-with immediate counter attacks against us; 2 goals that UPL should have had but as said above no help from his team mates in clearing the opp from the net or clearing the puck; terrible execution on clear cut chances to score....Thompson's shot seemed to lack its usual zip. This one reminded me of the earlier home game with Montreal--all over them but a stupendously negligent attention to detail--as if they expected the Ducks to lie down for them. I keep saying I won't go anymore but so badly want to see them win a Cup before old man time tells me it is my time-I am well past my "best before " date. 50 years ago Punch would have bag skated them and had film sessions to show them their carelessness-I suspect that would put today's players into such a funk they would get a doctor's note.....
several of us "old timers" have the same feeling.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Need to move on from SKinner Girgensons and Okposo. Buy him out.

I am absolutely not convinced that Skinner all of a sudden has turned into nothing. I honestly think it's as simple as that he hasn't recovered from his injury AND he's lacking confidence. Skinner's never been a fast skater, but he's always been sudden and shifty. His edgework has always been impeccable. You don't just suddenly lose that unless injury is a factor. And Skinner right now is barely skating.

I think Donnie needs to sit him down until he's healed enough to skate better than he currently is.

Then give him the offseason.....if he shows up and still can't skate......consider buying him out in the summer of 25 (when it's a bit more manageable than this coming summer).

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I am absolutely not convinced that Skinner all of a sudden has turned into nothing. I honestly think it's as simple as that he hasn't recovered from his injury AND he's lacking confidence. Skinner's never been a fast skater, but he's always been sudden and shifty. His edgework has always been impeccable. You don't just suddenly lose that unless injury is a factor. And Skinner right now is barely skating.

I think Donnie needs to sit him down until he's healed enough to skate better than he currently is.

Then give him the offseason.....if he shows up and still can't skate......consider buying him out in the summer of 25 (when it's a bit more manageable than this coming summer).
Donnie said Skinner is healthy in yesterday's post game.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

A lot of guys, Tage, Cozens, Dahlin, Tuch, in addition to Skinner haven't looked their explosive selves for some or all of the year. There could be nagging injuries, but I still have a hunch that they changed something in their training regimen starting last summer. Aside from Skinner, none of these guys were due for a drop off in athleticism. Combine that with a relatively unserious summer and you get guys whose speed, acceleration, and agility ratings dropped a few points.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
A lot of guys, Tage, Cozens, Dahlin, Tuch, in addition to Skinner haven't looked their explosive selves for some or all of the year. There could be nagging injuries, but I still have a hunch that they changed something in their training regimen starting last summer. Aside from Skinner, none of these guys were due for a drop off in athleticism. Combine that with a relatively unserious summer and you get guys whose speed, acceleration, and agility ratings dropped a few points.
I highly doubt players change their regiments after their most successful seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad