Sports team #1 or #2

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Glad they didn't get a point out of this game. Last thing we need is to keep reinforcing poor behaviors.

Reactions: Minnesota

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
First period was ok. The 2nd & 3rd were "meh". PP-Positions are ok but they need to play faster.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Do nothing Deano is gonna give the boys every day off until the next game so they don’t get too “tired”

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No way Foligno finishes his contract with the way his speed/play looks like...four more years...AFTER this one.

Truthfully I think Guerin actually looks better for handing the Foligno and Zuccarello contracts out when he did, because I'm 100% certain he still would have given them the exact same deals if he signed them tomorrow, but at least doing it when he did, he almost had some shred of "what if" or " maybe" or "benefit of the doubt" that he simply would not have any of now.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I honestly didn't pay much attention to the game after the first few goals ... did Dean stick with the Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello line again for the whole game?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
"Top" guys sucked again and the two call ups cost us multiple goals, wasted a good backup goaltender performance against a team that wasn't at their best either. As much as you expect a team in our current cap and injury situation to lose, it still feels like we have left oodles of points on the table already this season.

Reactions: Luceni and Sweetnut

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I honestly didn't pay much attention to the game after the first few goals ... did Dean stick with the Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello line again for the whole game?
However you want to describe the 11 forward rotation, pretty much anytime Zucc was on the ice, Kap was as well. Kap had other shifts, and so did Hartman away from them.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Well, ya see....they've been doing good things and moving in a good direction. If we're just patient and let them work through it, the turnovers will stop and the goals will come. :mad:

Note: Hartman has actually not been bad. His two linemates though.....

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Gotta build up that chemistry for the playoffs, so he can continue to do nothing when it doesn't work there either.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Truthfully I think Guerin actually looks better for handing the Foligno and Zuccarello contracts out when he did, because I'm 100% certain he still would have given them the exact same deals if he signed them tomorrow, but at least doing it when he did, he almost had some shred of "what if" or " maybe" or "benefit of the doubt" that he simply would not have any of now.
That may very well be true in terms of Guerin re-signing them anyways, but I will never understand signing pending UFA guys with one year left UNLESS they are franchise players. At the least, see how the first 15=20 games go...would definitely prefer they wait until trade deadline, sell em off. If they really want the person back, they can circle back after. But at least you get draft picks and give younger guys some minutes.

Reactions: Slotski and TaLoN

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That may very well be true in terms of Guerin re-signing them anyways, but I will never understand signing pending UFA guys with one year left UNLESS they are franchise players. At the least, see how the first 15=20 games go...would definitely prefer they wait until trade deadline, sell em off. If they really want the person back, they can circle back after. But at least you get draft picks and give younger guys some minutes.

I'm 100% with you

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Focus on Rossi and Faber, although it's hard to be a Wild defender these days.

I'm a little bit concerned that we have no cap space and there's really no skaters in Iowa that look like they could meaningfully help in the next 2 seasons.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Focus on Rossi and Faber, although it's hard to be a Wild defender these days.

I'm a little bit concerned that we have no cap space and there's really no skaters in Iowa that look like they could meaningfully help in the next 2 seasons.

Skaters or forwards? Probably a couple defenseman that'll make the jump in that time from Iowa. As far as forwards go, they may not be in Iowa, but Yurov, Khusnutdinov and Ohgren should be looking to make the team in the next couple years.

The real question is what kind of opportunities they'll all get when they get here, because I'm not convinced they'll get good ones with Evason as the coach.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Skaters or forwards? Probably a couple defenseman that'll make the jump in that time from Iowa. As far as forwards go, they may not be in Iowa, but Yurov, Khusnutdinov and Ohgren should be looking to make the team in the next couple years.

The real question is what kind of opportunities they'll all get when they get here, because I'm not convinced they'll get good ones with Evason as the coach.
I'm optimistic that one or two of Yurov, Ohgren, and Khusnutdinov could be top 6 contributors, but I'm skeptical that it will happen by next season.

Assuming Rossi solidifies himself as a top 6 player during this time period (he's playing like someone who is capable of that), I think the Wild are missing at least one good top 6 caliber player -- if only to create 3 scoring lines.

You're right there's a few defenders that have a chance to be better than the Merrill, Goligoski, Middleton, and Addison crew. I'm souring a little bit on that group though and think they might be somewhere in that range of player rather than better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad