GDT: Russia vs. USA - Feb. 21, 8.30pm Torino, 2.30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
We're getting Canada, 99%. Swedes will want to lose to get Switzerland, and Slovaks want to win to get these wobbly Czechs instead of Canada. So it does not even matter what we do - might as well go and beat the US.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
MOGiLNY said:
I put a Volchenkov wallpaper on the sens board

Oh my god you rock so hardcore. That seriously made my day! :D

Now to the hospital for more tests, sigh. :( Keep me updated, okay people? I should be back in time for the 3rd...

ChuckNorris

Jan 25, 2006
Moscow
1 win/tie and we got Swiss to play. Thanks to Canada, these guys getting acclimatizing very well... :clap: Czechs did choke though..

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
ChuckNorris said:
1 win/tie and we got Swiss to play. Thanks to Canada, these guys getting acclimatizing very well... :clap: Czechs did choke though..

Is it the Swiss? I thought it was Canada. :dunno: But I can't do math, so. :p:

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Mestarin malja said:
What were team USA lines in game against swedes?
Rolston-Modano-Cole and Tkachuk-Gomez-Gionta were the top two lines, I'm not really sure who else played together. Hopefully though those won't be the same groups out there today and Laviolette mixes up the lines, cause they need to score some more goals.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
We need to win this game for some confidence, like Canada did against the Czechs. It will be tough though against that firepower the Russians have. Is Nabokov starting?

ChuckNorris

Jan 25, 2006
Moscow
Well... this is the game when i won't be affraid of starting/ending.... just wanna see a good hockey game no matter of result. Though Russia should win this one. :yo:

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
ChuckNorris said:
yeah and present the medals according to the ratings... thats stupidly the worst thing could ever happen in international hockey, alright lets give gold to Canada already, then kick their *** in quarters.. Then the whole Canada will whine and they will cast another gold for the players and one more for the refs.. Canada "A MUST WIN" because of their team last names sounds cool. LOL. Go for it. :clap:

This post makes no sense. :dunno:

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
Anyways, I'm off now to the hospital for some not-much-fun things. :( :( :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Russia!

And is Anton playing? Anyone know for sure either way?

shawn_kemp*

My heart is pounding as if I were facing the death penalty, my execution being scheduled for tomorrow!

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Well, I think that no matter what Russia does, they'll still end up as #2 seed in pool B and will meet its main antagonist team Canada. I believe that in such short tournament as Olympics, impetus is a very important factor (see Pittsburgh Steelers). I think that Russia needs to win this game in a dominating fashion in order to continue gaining confidence and beat a shaken and not-so-confident Canadian team. This will further improve their morale. I'm not discounting American heart and willingess to win, no matter how much skill they're lacking. It will be a tough battle and it should serve as a good test against a North American style team for team Russia. In any case,

VPERED, ROSSIYA!!!
SHAI-BU!!! SHAI-BU!!! SHAI-BU!!!

shawn_kemp*

Nemchinov13 said:
Well, I think that no matter what Russia does, they'll still end up as #2 seed in pool B and will meet its main antagonist team Canada. I believe that in such short tournament as Olympics, impetus is a very important factor (see Pittsburgh Steelers). I think that Russia needs to win this game in a dominating fashion in order to continue gaining confidence and beat a shaken and not-so-confident Canadian team. This will further improve their morale. I'm not discounting American heart and willingess to win, no matter how much skill they're lacking. It will be a tough battle and it should serve as a good test against a North American style team for team Russia. In any case,

VPERED, ROSSIYA!!!

the chances of Russia vs. Canada are 50%

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Volchenkov and Vishnevsky

With all that I said about the need to beat Americans, I think that we should rest Nabokov and our injured defensemen. We cannot afford to have both Anton and Vitali out - they are our most physical defensemen and will be sorely needed against any opponent, but Canada in particular.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Nemchinov13 said:

VPERED, ROSSIYA!!!

Yeah, I definitely think so too. Of course we could throw away this game in hopes of placing 3rd and playing the Swiss, but that's just not winning mentality and would take away all the momentum that we got from the 9:2 game.

I also hope we win convincingly and get some more confidence and team spirit.

ROSSIYA VPERED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad