GDT: GDT: Game 17 | Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings| 7:30 PM EST | FS-D

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Replace Andersson with Emmerton, and that 3rd line looks dangerous. (Could you imagine if Helm was healthy?!)

Tatar - Emmerton - Mursak

Try and keep up!

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
When is Babcock ever going to break up that awful second line?

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
So Lashoff isn't on the top pair... nevertheless, my previous point still stands. Guy is hot garbage, and absolutely does not belong in the lineup over Kindl.

But hey, whatevs. Go Wings, and such.

Jurgen

Mar 11, 2012
1059901.jpg

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
I'm not sure why poor Pavel. Pavel stated he likes big guys on his wing, cause it gives him space. Abby and Cleary gives Pasha space. Space + Pavel Datsyuk = Death for other team. Pretty simple equation for victory.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I'm not sure why poor Pavel. Pavel stated he likes big guys on his wing, cause it gives him space. Abby and Cleary gives Pasha space. Space + Pavel Datsyuk = Death for other team. Pretty simple equation for victory.

Yea I'm sure he meant players with size that are fringe NHLers. Pavs didn't have the game he had against the Preds because of his linemates he had it despite them.

I gotta laugh when Pens fans clamor for a top six winger while Pavs is stuck with this crap.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Hopefully the Wings can pull a rabbit out of their hats, and win this one.

Still not good on Howard starting... Rather see the Monster, Jimmy needs a break.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
So Lashoff isn't on the top pair... nevertheless, my previous point still stands. Guy is hot garbage, and absolutely does not belong in the lineup over Kindl.

But hey, whatevs. Go Wings, and such.

I really think Babcock is mishandling Kindl. Yeah, he took one dumb penalty Tuesday night but his play has been better than nearly every other D man so far when given a chance. I try not to pretend I'm coaching this team but I honestly feel Babcock is making things worse than they need be. Some of the pairings have made no sense

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Unbelievable. Why does Datsyuk have to play with such below average wingers. Give him Tatar and Tootoo or something.

I would've given Kindl another shot against Columbus to be honest. His confidence is absolutely shot right now.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I really think Babcock is mishandling Kindl. Yeah, he took one dumb penalty Tuesday night but his play has been better than nearly every other D man so far when given a chance. I try not to pretend I'm coaching this team but I honestly feel Babcock is making things worse than they need be. Some of the pairings have made no sense

Yeah, some of the lineup decisions are real head-scratchers...

:huh:

Unbelievable. Why does Datsyuk have to play with such below average wingers. Give him Tatar and Tootoo or something.

I would've given Kindl another shot against Columbus to be honest. His confidence is absolutely shot right now.

I don't know about anyone else, but it makes me wonder if Holland and Babcock are butting heads really badly right now, and Babcock is just doing this to be stubborn. It doesn't sound very professional, no, but then again he is a person after all.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

I actually think Tootoo would be a fun experiment on Datsyuk's line.

doublejack

Feb 11, 2004
Detroit
I will be at the game tonight. Have only watched a couple on tv so far this season, and am feeling very "meh" about the Wings. Only going because my SO has never been to a pro hockey game before.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Why isnt tatar in top 6?

Need to give him those big bodies in Cleary and Abby so he can go end to end again and score on his own

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

I actually think Tootoo would be a fun experiment on Datsyuk's line.

From the 30 seconds a game Tootoo has played, I see better hands and better speed than Cleary. Definitely more hockey sense than either of them. Is Pavel going to activate Beast Mode again because he has to?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007

With all due respect that's utter crap. Datsyuk never speaks his mind unless it's with a Russian interviewer. He's just going to either be sarcastic or say the right thing. Asked how he felt when Hossa left his line around the new year of 2009: "oh I so sad I might cry." Asked how he felt when Holmstrom finally left his line: "oh I so sad I might cry." Asked if he likes playing with big guys: "oh great they give me space." Asked if he likes playing with skilled guys: "oh great they give me space." The point being that you can't really take anything from a typical Pavel interview other than a chuckle or two.

Why wouldn't his confidence be shot? Babcock is clearly not a Kindl guy. Kindl knows the pattern by now: Play good and you might get benched. Make a mistake and it's a guaranteed benching.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I cannot help but laugh and shake my head for a few seconds every time I see the numbers 11-13-8 next to each other. I cannot fathom two less-effective wingers for Pav. Even if Dan Cleary was an actual pile of flaming *****, he would at least be able to distract the other team's D and be able to catch a pass without falling down or having it deflect off his stick.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Need to give him those big bodies in Cleary and Abby so he can go end to end again and score on his own

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

From the 30 seconds a game Tootoo has played, I see better hands and better speed than Cleary. Definitely more hockey sense than either of them. Is Pavel going to activate Beast Mode again because he has to?

I'm totally down with that. I'd like to see Toots get 4 or 5 shifts with Dats. He makes plays and brings the ruckus.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I'm totally down with that. I'd like to see Toots get 4 or 5 shifts with Dats. He makes plays and brings the ruckus.

Grass is greener statement "I would prefer to see anyone but Cleary and Abdelkader on Datsyuk's line"

True True.

Considering our injuries, we just don't have ANYONE good to play with Datsyuk.

I agree with leaving Zetterberg with Flip and Brunner. We need some of our lines to develop some chemistry.

Bert/Franz are down so you have to make due.

BUT BUT BUT.

All of us, watching the last 3 games have to say.... Tatar is clearly the best choice as winger for Dats.

I mean he looks great out there.

He has been cycling well,
pulling some nifty moves to set up defensemen for shots
shown some great finish inside the scoring area.

I mean come on man.
Give him 17 min one night with Dats and just see what happens Babs.

How much worse can this crap get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad