WJC: GDT - Czechs vs Norway, Dec. 27, 2023

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
5-1 and .7 seconds left and you come with a hit like that? Seemed unncessary but it also seemed like it was his ass to Redlich's chest?

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Good decisions by the refs on both reviewed plays. Both were correctly assessed minor penalties. Both were fouls but neither was a major penalty foul. This check by the Norwegian player was a normal interference, there was nothing dirty about it.

To the game: The Czechs seem to finally gain some confidence after that sequence with two goals (3rd, 4th), while the Norwegians seem to have heavy legs already. It's a back to back game for them, and obviously the score doesn't help either, it is hard to maintain the enthusiasm when you are 3-4 goals down. The sequence between the Norwegian goal and the 3rd Czech goal probably was the game breaker. If Norway scored the equalizer the game would look much different.

The Czechs are definitely looking more "in the game" than vs. Slovakia, they are skating better, finishing their checks, playing with a greater committment overall. But it is still by no means the optimal perfomance. The new defensemen in the lineup (Prčík, Galvas) are looking good so far. Židlický is a bit of "wild bullet", his reading of the game is below average just like his cooperation skills, but he skates well and plays a physical game, which is probably what the coaches want from him. He might make some impact against stronger opponents in the terms of causing havoc on the forecheck and maybe force some turnover.

The thing I really like about Norway is the competitiveness of all players. Sometimes it is apparent that not every player on the team is exactly great in puck control and other individual skills, but none of them is afraid of physical contact, even with bigger opponents, and they go grinding on the forecheck whenever they have the opportunity. They had been considered the clear relegation contender, but haven't been looking like that at all.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Norway PP coming up... I liked our PP but it needs better finishing.

Also, another stupid Czech penalty. Those have happened in every single period of this tourney so far. US are going to love us!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1703700755412.png

From the basement to the top floor.

Another post.

Sale being demoted to line 2 and outscoring Kulich would be hillarious.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich fake was beautiful and right in off Sapo's ass! Great net front presence. He got his ass run over at the start of the PP so happy he got on there. Our PP needs work badly.

Reactions: Chainshot

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sale with the trick!

Great Bares pass.

Sucks we are running it up but we needed this after yesterday when nothing worked.

I promise I won't bitch when the US do this to us in a few days.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kuilch with the trick...

Hamara starting to look like Kaberle light again which is nice.

I've noticed that Sale and Kulich are very intense... I think Hamara is the key as he seems to have a happy disposition vs those 2.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No fans in the building and they're in Europe. Makes no sense.

COVID restrictions or what is going on seriously.
Even worse.. it was a derby against Slovakia and less than 1000 fans.

Events in Sweden/Finland don't always have the best attendance.

Disapointing for sure!

LennyRi

Jun 27, 2012
Rijeka
i was at the game , what do the czechs eat:)))))) it was boys against men out there. Hrabal is 1.99 m and Norwegian goalkeeper is 1.80 and almost all the czech team is waaaay taller then norwegians who looked like a peewee team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad