GDT: GDT Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It's a very tight race between Monumental and Ticketmaster for the "whose app sucks the worst" title
Yep. Looks like I will be checking in using a web browser. Look for me at the door trying to join their crappy wifi with a tie dye over my Willy.

I was signed into the cha-chingmasterprofiteering app and got texted my tickets and poof a different account was spawned. Used same email and pass. The new account shows a really old phone number of mine. They said the tickets will show up eventually in the app. 24 hours later nope.

I hope the boy gets to see Ovi score and a Willy scrap. That's victory $500 later.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The hate Ted gets on these boards is something to behold. The Caps would probably not be a thing if he didn’t buy then and help build the franchise to be legitimate. Is he perfect? Hell no but it could be much, much worse.

Have you been to a game recently?

I paid $200 to sit in the nosebleeds drinking a $15 beer that really ought to have been $5 at most. I know we're accustomed to being ripped off by billionaires these days and so it feels normal. But no, that's not a reasonable price.

I used to pay $100 to sit in the lower bowl about 12 years ago.

What turned me against Ted is this secretive deal he's been working on for several Months, if not years, to move the team to Alexandria. Then he just springs it on the taxpayers after it's basically done. Of course, our Governor was also doing that in total secrecy and he, in theory, should be answering to voters whereas Ted has no such allegiance because he's got a monopoly basically.

I have no idea what you are talking about we wouldn't have the Caps without Ted. DC is a big market. Sports franchises have become massively profitable. If it wasn't him owning DC's NHL team it'd be some other billionaire douche. It's not some privilege for us to have an NHL team, and pay exorbitant amounts of money to some billionaire douche, it's Ted's privilege to be the monopoly owner of DC's NHL team.

Yes, he could be worse. Dan Snyder was worse. Snyder ripped fans off in addition to being a liar, a control freak, and having a rampantly toxic front office full of sexual harassment and backstabbing. Whereas Ted merely rips us off. So I guess by comparison he's the good guy. Fair point, but just know that it's a low bar.

Last edited:

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Have you been to a game recently?

I paid $200 to sit in the nosebleeds drinking a $15 beer that really ought to have been $5 at most. I know we're accustomed to being ripped off by billionaires these days and so it feels normal. But no, that's not a reasonable price.

I used to pay $100 to sit in the lower bowl about 12 years ago.

What turned me against Ted is this secretive deal he's been working on for several Months, if not years, to move the team to Alexandria. Then he just springs it on the taxpayers after it's basically done. Of course, our Governor was also doing that in total secrecy and he, in theory, should be answering to voters whereas Ted has no such allegiance because he's got a monopoly basically.

And I have no idea what you are talking about we wouldn't have the Caps without Ted. That's straight up gibberish. DC is a big market. Sports franchises have become massively profitable. If it wasn't him owning the team it's be somebody else. It's not some privilege for us to have an NHL team, it's Ted's privilege to be the monopoly owner on DC's NHL team.
I’ve had season tickets since 94. Yes, I’ve been to games recently unfortunately. I sell most games these days due to business travel but when I do get there I enjoy the experience. You’re acting like Ted is the only owner who has raised prices of concessions or tickets.

It isn’t gibberish. Attendance was in the crapper when he bought the team and their financials were poor. I don’t agree with you but it’s subjective so we can move on from that point.

I’d like for them to stay in DC but I get why he wants to move the team. I feel bad for China Town and Penn Quarter. Those areas are going to tank their property value but some of the fault their falls on the Mayor and the city council.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I’ve had season tickets since 94. Yes, I’ve been to games recently unfortunately. I sell most games these days due to business travel but when I do get there I enjoy the experience. You’re acting like Ted is the only owner who has raised prices of concessions or tickets.

Yeah I agree the gameday experience itself is not bad (As opposed to Fedex field which is a disaster). I went to the Predators game and had fun. It was a good vibe.

Certainly all the billionaires are doing it - raising prices unreasonably, because they can. And there's nothing you can do about it. But that doesn't justify it. It just means he's in a club of butthead billionaires who are all hiding behind each other. "They're all doing it" can be used to justify, well, anything now really, eh? No limits.

I think fans should have better principles than that. We should be saying "Hey, give us a good product at a reasonable price."

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I paid 60 bucks for three beers on Wednesday. Plus the arena isn’t in the best shape right now.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
$20 a beer IS shameful….you know what I would do, not buy them.

Ticket prices too high, (not directed at you) the market speaks, don’t go.

It shouldn't come to that though.

Dan Snyder took that tactic - raising prices until he ran the home fans out of the stadium. Then a bunch of away fans went to the games because they weren't wise to how much of a trash deal it was. Then over the time the whole culture of the gameday experience was ruined.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad