GDT: Canada vs Italy 1PM Torino Time, 7 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
The italian goalie was wayyy out of position on Iginla's goal eh? he seemed to be a foot and a bit too far to his left, and the whole side of the net was open.

Juni

Mar 24, 2004
London, England
www.thechels.net
Qui Gon Dave said:
Cheers, glad to hear Barry Davis is invovled now, should make the games a little more enjoyable and easier to follow than the guy doing the womens commentry, my mum watched the USA - Finland womens game last night and didn't understand what the guy was trying to say most of the time when he would try and explain something.

To be fair, the other guy (one who's doing the women's games) is Brent Pope, who isn't a commentator of any sort, and indeed is a hockey player recently retired (here)

I thought he's done a decent job considering he's likely never done it before.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Wow, they are showing a Gretzky special here on free-tv in Germany, I hope that means that they'll show the second period now!

:yo:

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
Yeah, and as others have said, Italy has a lot of jump, and are playing a physical game--I'd bet that they outhit Canada in the period. However, Italy seems to be playing better without the puck than when they are in possession, especially in the offensive zone; they had some plays developing in the second half of the period and cheesed them on long shots--giving Canada a little too much respect, I think.

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
trippyime said:
It's amazing how fast hockey games would be if commercials didn't exist.

That's how it is in Europe all the time. Though I suppose it'd be near impossible to broadcast them in US or Canada without them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
italy scores :biglaugh:

Wow! What a shot! 2 guys unchecked in front of the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad