GDT: Canada-Sweden, 3:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
very good commentators over at fan590, I must say. :handclap:

I agree. They're not as entertaining as Shorthouse & Larscheid (my personal favourites) from Vancouver but very good at describing the action.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
think this one is about phaneuf and other canadian player sandwiching the swede.

p.s. what's the deal with Crosby ?
there was no slash, nothing ?

man, is he acting like an overhyped wuss or what ?

McDonald19 said:
what happened? For those of us who can't watch the game.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Predatore said:
very good commentators over at fan590, I must say. :handclap:
yeah, but sometimes i'm in trouble when they pronounce the swedes. nilsson is pronounced like he's danish and so on. that's really hard.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Sounds like the Canadians are getting away with non-calls on several clear penalties according to FAN590.

Feb 24, 2004
14-4 shots, and only 1-1. A perfect example of how one team can dominate, and bad breaks/good goalie can contribute to a different scoreline.

And what's the deal with all these penalties? I'd rather the ref not give any penalties to both teams becasue 5 on 5 we're better. But on the PP, Sweden can use some skill to move the puck and might be able to score again.

littleD

John Flyers Fan said:
What happened on the Richards break ??? .. announcer lost his mind for a minute

Sweden had a 2 man advantage. Richards squeezed around the Sweden d-man in the defensive zone and went in on goal. Other Swedish defender played it nicely, Richards couldn't go clean on net, but still got a shot off, and the rebound too I think.

Nice play at the end of the period.

Feb 24, 2004
Pepper said:
Sounds like the Canadians are getting away with non-calls on several clear penalties according to FAN590.

Ya non-calls. Sure, and what about that 5 on 3 at the end of the period for the Swedes? Canada is getting called for the ref thinking that a fall is a trip, and love tap is a slash, and so on. Stupid calls.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
John Flyers Fan said:
What happened on the Richards break ??? .. announcer lost his mind for a minute
Lol , on the 5 on 3, Richards chipped the puck by the dman on the boards at Canadas blueline, came down, with the far dman catching him and making it a 1 on 1. Then Richards cut to the middle at the hash marks and the goaltender went down. Richards held the puck and waited till he was left of the goal with the netminder down and at his mercy but the swede dman still on him, then let the shot off which the goalteder stopped from his side. Richards then got the rebound and got another shot off which the goaltender managed to get a piece of again...

I think, lol it all happened so fast and there was no replay :dunno:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
leafs4thecup said:
Ya non-calls. Sure, and what about that 5 on 3 at the end of the period for the Swedes? Canada is getting called for the ref thinking that a fall is a trip, and love tap is a slash, and so on. Stupid calls.

During that 5 on 3 the commentator said 2 times that Canada got away without an extra penalty, 2 times (different situations).

rival

Feb 15, 2004
Victoria
thorspartak said:
no, i referred to the time when he was skating and then all of a sudden stopped and start grimacing pain.

you missed the slash right before that obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad