GDT: Canada-Sweden, 3:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
According to this artcle , If Colliton plays against Sweden he will replace Stewart and play on a line with Richards and Dawes.

The article mentions that the #1 line will stay intact, but doesn't say anything about where Stewart may end up. The 'energy line' has looked good, so maybe Stewart will step into Ladd's spot with Getz and Carter? Anyone heard for sure?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boomhower said:
According to this artcle , If Colliton plays against Sweden he will replace Stewart and play on a line with Richards and Dawes.

The article mentions that the #1 line will stay intact, but doesn't say anything about where Stewart may end up. The 'energy line' has looked good, so maybe Stewart will step into Ladd's spot with Getz and Carter? Anyone heard for sure?

Colliton practiced on a line with captain Mike Richards and Nigel Dawes, as winger Anthony Stewart was demoted to the fourth line.

Richards, Stewart and Dawes, who played together as a line in last year's tournament, struggled as a unit in the opener. The trio failed to register a point in Canada's 7-3 win with Stewart and Richards unable to register a shot on goal in the game.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?ID=109193&hubName=world_jrs

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Colliton practiced on a line with captain Mike Richards and Nigel Dawes, as winger Anthony Stewart was demoted to the fourth line.

Richards, Stewart and Dawes, who played together as a line in last year's tournament, struggled as a unit in the opener. The trio failed to register a point in Canada's 7-3 win with Stewart and Richards unable to register a shot on goal in the game.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?ID=109193&hubName=world_jrs

Hmm, that doesn't say which one of the fourth liners will be demoted. I'm guessing Dixon will be the 13th forward. MacArthur had a big first game and Fraser's probably safe.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boomhower said:
Hmm, that doesn't say which one of the fourth liners will be demoted. I'm guessing Dixon will be the 13th forward. MacArthur had a big first game and Fraser's probably safe.

Probably a pretty safe assumption ...

On TSN report last night the lines all wore different coloured jerseys so Colliton was wearing Blue like Richards and Dawes and Antohony Stewart was wearing Green like MacArthur and Fraser .. I did not see Dixion in any of the shots to know if he was wearing green as well or a different colour, but I would imange that the last group of 4 players now including Stewart would make up that last linew.

I also would not be surprized if Stewart saw a few shifts with Getzlaf and Carter in place of Ladd .. but that is just a guess ..

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If some of you guys in Canada who get to see the game could post random thoughts about Salmonsson, I'd really appreciate it. I wish Sweden was in the US' bracket and playing the US, so that we could get the games on ESPN2. Heck, ESPN2 should just show them anyways. They are probably showing bass fishing or some crap this afternoon.

As for the game...

2-1 Canada in a close game. Crosby and Bergeron for Canada and Bergfors for Sweden.

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
Internet site to watch game

Hi
Does anyone know of a website that I can watch the game while I am at work? (TSN?) The game starts at 4:30 and I want to watch it really bad!

Thanks

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Unbiased Canadian said:
I'll take that bet!!! Remember....odds are he won't score a goal every game.

Unbiased Canadian

So if he does score will you stop trying to downplay his accomplishments so far?

Canada_2005_Champs

Dec 24, 2004
Im sayin 8-1 Canada. Brent Sutter gave them all wake up call after the game aganst Solvakia and Anthony Steward is also going to step it up for Canada and Canada is just going to dominate in every department, especially where the struggled last game.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I'll predict 5-2 Canada and that as close as anyone will get until they play either the USA or Russia. After letting in 3 against a weaker Slovakian team there is no way that Sutter is gonna let this group of defenders let 3 in again in the round robin.

Feb 24, 2004
Folks we did win 7-3 last game. It's not as if Canada has to "wake up and smell the coffee" as many of you put it.

Like last game, Canada will have the bulk of the chances but yet another hot goalie will steer them away early. I predict a.....................

3-3 tie.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
PhoPhan said:
Anyone here who *doesn't* think Crosby will score?

I'm not one of them.

I won't take that bet - but maybe not for the reason you probably think. Some thoughts on the game:

1. Bergeron is clearly head and shoulders better than anyone else in this tournament - the year in the NHL shows. You could put just about anyone on his line and there are going to be points.

2. Crosby is not just "anyone" - the kid has an uncanny ability to get open in the backdoor and picks up very simple and easy goals as a result. He will continue to score until teams figure it out, and even then I doubt they can cover it well enough to stop Bergeron from finding him. It looked a bit like Gretzky to Kurri last game - with Crosby in the Kurri role.

3. Phaneuf will have another strong game but will see his shifts shortened or Sutter will take action. He was out far too long too many times last game.

4. Look for a breakout game by line 2 in its new configuration - which will just add to the scoring in a walkover game. Sweden does not have the horses to compete in this one.

5. However, Sweden will score - I really don't think Glass is that good and they will pick up a few of which at least one will be questionable.

6. The guys on Fraser's case don't understand how much he is contributing - his p/k play was textbook. He continues to play the role Sutter needs.

7. Too bad Dixon looks like the odd man out - I may be one of the few who thought the "energy line" worked pretty damn well, and he had a number of great chances that they created. Needed to score on one of them, however.

Overall - 8-3 Canada

CH Wizard

6-2 Canada.

Crosby with 1 goal two assists.Bergeron 2 goals 1 assist.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
we'll see if the Swedes can bring the same powder they did against the Germans.
Canada is a definite favorite here, but who knows, it's Swedes after all, not zee Germans ;)

Bergeron should be a solid presence on the ice, I wanna see Crosby in real action, no gimme backdoor goals :lol

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Are the injured players back on the team Canada roster? seabrook and collition?

I will predict a shut out because there were a lot of mental errors on defense last game as well as a weak game by glass. This should be fixed today.

Sweden is a very happy club and motivated club when playing against team canada, as most teams are. But sweden is also playing a back to back game against a well rested Canadian team, that has probably taken a lot of tongue lashing from sutter.

Team canada's strategy will be to hit very early (as always) and use their speed to tire out team sweden. There is no weak line on Team Canada to allow sweden to take a break which is the key to Canada's success in this game. If Canada can out hit and out work sweden, they will be in good shape...

5-0 Canada.

espo*

thorspartak said:
we'll see if the Swedes can bring the same powder they did against the Germans.
Canada is a definite favorite here, but who knows, it's Swedes after all, not zee Germans ;)

Bergeron should be a solid presence on the ice, I wanna see Crosby in real action, no gimme backdoor goals :lol
He displayed excellent hockey sense on those so called "gimme" backdoor goals you mentioned.They are not as easy as you are saying,especially his first one where he made the great pass out in front and then knows exactly where to go in case the player he passed to does not(or decides not to) fire the puck on/into the net.Gretzky had a lot of "gimmes" that were certainly not gimmes.....lesser players are not even around to cash in on the type he scored last game.

High flyin' Habs*

Link where I can listen to the game anyone? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad