GDT: Battle of the Cellar Dwellers Pt. 2 Canes vs Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
We can't even beat Arizona and Carolina. We suck. Forsberg can't score to save his life. WTH is wrong with this team. They had every opportunity in the world to win this game and can't finish.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
If I hear one more player, coach, or announcer say "we have to play a full 60 minute game" I am going to puke. They either don't want to commit to playing one, or don't have the talent to. The nonchalant handling of the puck leading to the short handed goal was unforgivable. Plays like that have been the hallmark of this team. They just have too many players that are coasting at times. On paper we have what promised to be an outstanding team. On the ice is a totally different story. We have made to many average goalies look like Vezina Trophy candidates. One other point, Eckholm was 10 feet from the net, the perfect place for a well directed wrister, and he tries to slam a slap shot through the goalies pads. I have yet to see a puck go through a solid object.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Sorry folks, I am 0-2 on GDT. :cry:

But yeah we are terrible. What's worse, is that we shouldn't be. It's one thing to be bad because you are short on talent" it's a whole nother level of bad to be talented and still play like manure.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
trainwreck.jpg

It's safe to say I'm not buying any more extra games this year. I bought tonight's game figuring that we would win since it's Carolina.

Nope. Joke was on me. Can't wait for Tuesday night against the Sens. And the Blues on Thursday? Oh man. Stand back.

Now is the time to see what kind of leadership there is on this team.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Well as a Flames and Preds fan, both our top centers are playing terrible, and our top wingers are struggling mightily. So you guys wanna do a top center, top winger, and goalie swap?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Still sick about this game. Not sure what's worse, having a team that we know will likely get the 8th spot every year and likely flame out early. Or coming into a season with exceptionally high expectations and have to now deal with this **** show all season.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Anyone who thinks Preds don't have a problem in goal isn't watching closely. Easy to beat one on one; in fact I'm amazed when he stops one of those. Remember Hamhuis? He looked pretty good most all game but you just knew he was gonna make a ridiculous mistake at least once a game. That's the feeling I have whenever Pekka leaves the blue ice to handle a puck; it's a real adventure. And the other teams have caught on to 2 things. Pekka can't find the puck on the long shots. So he gets a barrage of those. And the opposition really looks like they're content to defend in OT and wait for the shootout where Pekka is dreadful.
Yes, the offense is letting the team down but in goal Preds are very, very average. Remember when he used to "steal" a few games a year? Now, when push comes to shove, he's giving critical points away. This is where you need to give him more time off but Preds have no options. May be a very long year.

That's also coaching

Preds gave up on the defense first when they let trotz go and took korn with him

Look at the PK trade. They want a high offense high scoring game.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Drove in from Knoxville with a group of 6 for this one.

All I can say is that I went to an SPHL Ice Bears game last week, and while I'm pretty sure those guys were chugging beers in between periods - they still were making and connecting on crisper passes than the Preds have been lately.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Anyone who thinks Preds don't have a problem in goal isn't watching closely. Easy to beat one on one; in fact I'm amazed when he stops one of those. Remember Hamhuis? He looked pretty good most all game but you just knew he was gonna make a ridiculous mistake at least once a game. That's the feeling I have whenever Pekka leaves the blue ice to handle a puck; it's a real adventure. And the other teams have caught on to 2 things. Pekka can't find the puck on the long shots. So he gets a barrage of those. And the opposition really looks like they're content to defend in OT and wait for the shootout where Pekka is dreadful.
Yes, the offense is letting the team down but in goal Preds are very, very average. Remember when he used to "steal" a few games a year? Now, when push comes to shove, he's giving critical points away. This is where you need to give him more time off but Preds have no options. May be a very long year.

The defense still sucks. Pekka can't find the puck because the Preds D are the dumbest D in the league when it comes to accidentally screening their goalies. Pekka is still one of the better puck tracker, handler, puck freezer, etc. goalie in the league. Our defense just sucks. However I agree Pekka allows a lot of high danger initial shots, which sucks because our D gives up a lot of them, which inflates the so called "low" amount of secondary chances they concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad