GDT: GDT #80 New York Islanders @ New York Rangers | April 13th | 12:30 PM | F/3-2 SOL

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I will go full captain obvious here and say.. I know this will be considered a blown lead, but this one was palatable. It's the other 10 or 15 that make it seem worse.

Especially for those last 7 seconds with the faceoff in the Rag$' zone
Eh you know if you pull the goalie and the Rangers score you lose the point right?

Reactions: Lights911

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Is it just me or are the faces in the crowd at MSG so punchable?
To me? The most punchable, douchey face is Kreider
For some reason that
The point was big. We knew this one was going to be real hard during the day and without Dobson.

This said, can't lose a draw late in the game as easily as Horvat lost to Trocheck on that Panarin goal. It was as perfect a faceoff win as you can get. Gotta just go for the neutralization every time in your own end.

And honestly, the boyz had more than enough opportunities to put this one away. Tons of good chances. If Panarin had half the chances Pageau and Fasching had, he's have had the trick tonight.

One thing should be crystal clear to any and everyone in Islandersville - Sorokin does not win shootouts. He's just brutal in the shootout. Roy is new, but I'd have to think you simply have to put Varlamov in there for that part of the game, no matter what.

Sorokin is THAT bad.
as bad as Sorokin is at stopping shootout attempts, the lack of skill on this team in scoring shootout goals is equally glaring

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
There's no shoot outs in the playoffs Ranger fans
Hope to see ya in Round 1, no Dobson and we went toe to toe with your 'stars'
Why’s it always some BS post like this aimed at fans. The Rangers have 54 wins, why’s it always some chip on the shoulder. Why can’t it be great two games by both teams. Well done.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
That second negative came on a cleanly blown face-off by Horvat. Leaving Horvat -2 and costing the lead. So yeah, that whole line needed more.

Even Nelson, crapped the first goal before finally stepping it up.
He absolutely lost that faceoff at a critical time. He had 58% for the game, which is solid. Panarin ripped a beauty of a shot.

It’s just Horvat does a lot more for the overall team. Every player has brain farts and weak moments.

With <10 seconds to go in OT 1/1 on goalie, big game moment, the shooter didn’t elevate his game for the win.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Just watched the game on delay...
It's like a script with this team.
Missed chances due to Poor Passing, Bonehead decisions and Bad Luck (Posts).
Glad we got a point.
Now I'm worried about the Hangover vs the Devs...

He absolutely lost that faceoff at a critical time. He had 58% for the game, which is solid. Panarin ripped a beauty of a shot.

It’s just Horvat does a lot more for the overall team. Every player has brain farts and weak moments.

With <10 seconds to go in OT 1/1 on goalie, big game moment, the shooter didn’t elevate his game for the win.

Nobody seems to lose more important faceoffs than Pageau...
He must win many many ho hum faceoffs to make up and pad his stats...
Dude loses every battle to boot.
Gotta unload him this summer....

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Just watched the game on delay...
It's like a script with this team.
Missed chances due to Poor Passing, Bonehead decisions and Bad Luck (Posts).
Glad we got a point.
Now I'm worried about the Hangover vs the Devs...

Nobody seems to lose more important faceoffs than Pageau...
He must win many many ho hum faceoffs to make up and pad his stats...
Dude loses every battle to boot.
Gotta unload him this summer....
Like I said earlier, MacLean makes JGP expendable. He’s no longer the player he was since that wrist injury.

Maybe an Ana, BUF, Sea, or SLC take him. I could see Trotz having interest too.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It's bad enough with Dobson. Without him, they look like chickens with their heads cut off out there.

I often wonder - when you're doing so poorly, so regularly, when does the coaching staff just say, "Ok, go out there and play 5-on-5 hockey. They're one man fewer, so let's just see what happens."
Doug Houda and Mac are morons.

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
To me? The most punchable, douchey face is Kreider
For some reason that

as bad as Sorokin is at stopping shootout attempts, the lack of skill on this team in scoring shootout goals is equally glaring
He should have never been in that position. He played an outstanding game and we had something like 5/6 PP’s a penalty shot gave up a shorty . Back to back lost draws in the closing minutes that lead to the tying goal and a team that can’t score when it matters. Even with the absence of Dobson they were right there this game should have been stolen. So yes I share your insights here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad