GDT: GDT #79 New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens | April 11th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 OTW

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
This is the Islanders theme song this season if I could put music to it....

1712889015674.gif

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Yeah, the playoff system is odd and they should probably go back to 1-8.

They need to decide if they want to be division-focused or not. Having a regular season with barely any divisional games, combined with a divisional playoff makes no sense.

I’d rather they fix the schedule than change the playoffs back to 1-8, personally.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Anyone noticing Pelech morphing into the Mummy?

They need to decide if they want to be division-focused or not. Having a regular season with barely any divisional games, combined with a divisional playoff makes no sense.

I’d rather they fix the schedule than change the playoffs back to 1-8, personally.
This "we have to manufacture rivalries" is the f***ing pits tbh.

Attachments

• Martinatmr53.jpg
    Martinatmr53.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What's the difference? Aren't we playing either the Rangers or Carolina anyways? I really actually don't understand the logic.

In this case it hurts Detroit because they have one less spot to battle for. Boston would be an option for the Isles with a 1-8 situation.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I re-watched the contact behind the goal just before he skated off and I'm not really seeing anything obvious. Granted, looking at it on my phone....

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Isles trade Varly last year at deadline like fans wanted, get a whopping draft pick. Varly signs with the Devils. Isles ride Sorokin and some scrub as the backup - just like fans wanted.

Very high probability Devils make the playoffs and the Isles are lotto picking this year. Instead…we have the current situation.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Isles trade Varly last year at deadline like fans wanted, get a whopping draft pick. Varly signs with the Devils. Isles ride Sorokin and some scrub as the backup - just like fans wanted.

Very high probability Devils make the playoffs and the Isles are lotto picking this year. Instead…we have the current situation.

A very good point!

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
I went to the Islander vs Canadiens game…a number of good seats were still available. I don’t know who the man was who sang “O Canada” (was he with the Metropolitan Opera) but he used the English-French-English version. I thought that was nice. Usually with Montréal here they just use the English version
Also walked by the booth they have for the intermission broadcast with Shannon Hogan. She was done so she came up to the rope and talked to the little kiddies who were there. Maybe that is S OnP for these various sideline reporters but still nice.

Still think the Islanders should use part of their scoreboard for out of town scores. I know, people can use phones, even me. But the Rangers and Flyers manage to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad