GDT: GDT #79 New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens | April 11th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 OTW

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Did anyone see what happened to Dobson?

Glad to get the 2pts tonight. NYI played better than the score indicated IMO. Wish Envgall showed up like this more often.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
In hindsight, it was better off with a Detroit loss. It makes the picture much more clear.
would have been nice if that had been a regulation loss; but the path the playoffs is getting clearer and Isles firmly control their destiny

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
You have to be kidding...So if you could take the top 5 most talented players from the Panthers, Leafs, Oilers, Rangers, Lightning, Avs, etc and put them with the Isles coaching staff I'm sure they'd be exactly the same.

Joke.
you’ve gotta be kidding me. You’re telling me there are 20 significantly more talented teams in the NHL than the Islanders, and THATS the only reason why they’re better at the PP?

Everything from the Isles zone entries to their cycle involves one player in motion at any time, and rarely guys trying to change their own angles to get open for a pass

And that’s not necessarily a coaching issue either.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
No, because Detroit can't compete for third in the division so keeping the divisional opponents further down is better.

Pittsburgh would've been 5 points back and Washington 4 points back with three games to play.
Thank you for explaining again.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
you’ve gotta be kidding me. You’re telling me there are 20 significantly more talented teams in the NHL than the Islanders, and THATS the only reason why they’re better at the PP?

Everything from the Isles zone entries to their cycle involves one player in motion at any time, and rarely guys trying to change their own angles to get open for a pass

And that’s not necessarily a coaching issue either.

And there are plenty of teams with worse coaching than the Isles that have a better PP offensively.

Could our coaching be better? Sure, but talent is a much bigger problem. Ovechkin didn't move from his "spot" on the PP for 15 years.

Pretty much every single team ahead of the Isles in terms of PP% rolls out a PP unit that is markedly more talented than what we have.

Reactions: chico19341

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Let's not go overboard. He had 13 saves tonight. They still are going to need Sorokin this season unless they don't make the playoffs
The Isles ain’t making the playoffs the way Sorokin has been playing. That’s pretty clear. He can earn the net back.

Reactions: mm11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad