GDT: GDT #79 New York Islanders vs Montreal Canadiens | April 11th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 OTW

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I'm watching that OT and see Nelson up there cocking that puck and then he slides it down to Palms and I'm thinking, "What da fuq is he passing that puck f.... oh, ok."

I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Am on pins and needles regarding Dobson.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
I re-watched the contact behind the goal just before he skated off and I'm not really seeing anything obvious. Granted, looking at it on my phone....
He gets slashed in the wrist by his own teammate - Romanov I believe. But it appeared to be in the glove (not above it). So unless it was a finger, not sure that would do much damaged. He also gets taken into the boards behind the goal right after that. Can't really tell if his head hits the glass but it certainly looked like it could have. I think the injury occurred on one of those two plays.

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I think what happens is not visible. Slafkovsky comes in behind him and based on Dobson skating away, it's the wrist. Not a hard hit but probably jammed it on the boards. Slaf is 6'3", 230 so it wouldn't take a hard hit to do it and he didn't hit Dobson hard.

Not clear but it looks like Caulfield also arriving there and this is kind of a fluke situation that might well be a broken wrist.

He also dropped his stick (couldn't tell if it was a broken stick) and that also would indicate the wrist.

What a blow if it is.

I didn't check out the Rangers threads, but I bet they're crowing about justice like the chicks with d**ks they are.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
He gets slashed in the wrist by his own teammate - Romanov I believe. But it appeared to be in the glove (not above it). So unless it was a finger, not sure that would do much damaged. He also gets taken into the boards behind the goal right after that. Can't really tell if his head hits the glass but it certainly looked like it could have. I think the injury occurred on one of those two plays.

That stick was a tap. No way was Dobson hurth from Romanov. It does look like he might have jammed his wrist when he was pushed into the boards..there are two guys that checked him....one guy was out of the screen for the whole time. He was on the other side of Dobber.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
I think what happens is not visible. Slafkovsky comes in behind him and based on Dobson skating away, it's the wrist. Not a hard hit but probably jammed it on the boards. Slaf is 6'3", 230 so it wouldn't take a hard hit to do it and he didn't hit Dobson hard.

Not clear but it looks like Caulfield also arriving there and this is kind of a fluke situation that might well be a broken wrist.

He also dropped his stick (couldn't tell if it was a broken stick) and that also would indicate the wrist.

What a blow if it is.

I didn't check out the Rangers threads, but I bet they're crowing about justice like the chicks with d**ks they are.
To me, it doesn't look like he's favoring his wrist when he's skating away. I also couldn't see him drop the stick. He has it in his left hand when the video stops.

That stick was a tap. No way was Dobson hurth from Romanov. It does look like he might have jammed his wrist when he was pushed into the boards..there are two guys that checked him....one guy was out of the screen for the whole time. He was on the other side of Dobber.
Yeah, and I don't think Romanov's stick even makes contact with the wrist.

It must have been the hit right after that. Looks like he got sandwiched a bit there. Wrist, shoulder, head... who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad