GDT: GDT #78 New York Islanders vs New York Rangers | April 9th | 7:00 PM | F/W 4-2

Crashsunday

Dec 18, 2006
San Diego
I doubt there's a team strategy about who will or won't try to draw penalties. Players around the league know one another, especially divisional opponents, so they are well aware of which players they can likely get a rise out of and which ones they won't.
Yeah, probably not, but thought it was an interesting idea, especially if your power play is so effective.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The Dobson hit from behind should've been a penalty. Typical "swallow the whistle" non-call by the refs. But this probably was egregious enough to call IMO. "Vicious?" No. But a legit 2 minute minor.

The Pelech "hit" was obviously an accident. Zibinejad runs into his shoulder (which was hilarious BTW). Anyone who watches that replay and things it was intentional is a f***ing idiot.

Agree that Lavviolette's whining is simply to try to get a call or two in his favor next time.

Hope the Rangers knee-jerk and dress the no talent goon next game, taking away a roster spot from a hockey player.

Huge win for the Islanders. Obviously fantastic first period and then were able to withstand the inevitable Rangers pushes in the 2nd and 3rd. A playoff series between these two would be awesome. Been a long time coming...
Reminds me of this:

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I think they are still mad over at the Rangers board over last nights loss.

I’ll tell you what. It’s not looking too good for that team if their playoff hopes hangs on the balance whether or not a 21 yo child goon is in the lineup or not. I think the team needs to grow a pair.

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
The Pelech "hit" was obviously an accident. Zibinejad runs into his shoulder (which was hilarious BTW). Anyone who watches that replay and things it was intentional is a f***ing idiot.
The equivalent of walking into a wall or a closed door, moronic.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I hope Varly starts against Montreal. Going 1-1 in the next two games would be ok. But 0-2 would be bad. Its tempting to give Sorokin the easier game and start Varly against Rangers, but I ve no faith in Sorokin. If Sorokin blows the Montreal game it puts Varly in a very difficult spot at MSG.

Reactions: Barzaltrick

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The equivalent of walking into a wall or a closed door, moronic.
Personally, I'd suspend Mika for 4 games for attempting to injure Pelech's shoulder . . . just because it didn't work didn't mean intent was missing . . .
:nod:

And Trocheck definitely embellished with the after game argument . . . 2 games for him and a Neymar jersey to wear the next game

Trouba should be suspended for the rest of the year just for past attempts to injure . . . we need to save the planet from him!

Global warming was enhanced by Laviolette's hot air rant and he needs to appear in court to answer for it . . . community service hours by being forced to appear on The View

And Rempe should be forced to watch the Tyson-Marvis Frazier fight on loop to see his future . . .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad