GDT: GDT #78 New York Islanders vs New York Rangers | April 9th | 7:00 PM | F/W 4-2

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Cry me a river Rags fans

Ask them how it feels to feel hosed by the Zebras....
We could do this to them 5 times a year for 10 Freaking Years and still not be even with the BS this League allows to be done to us since the Cup Dynasty....
So Ya... 'EFF THEM!

Reactions: Potvottier

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Laviolette called Pelechs collision with Zib a “vicious play” by Pelech. Is this team f***ing serious lmao ??

Anarchy in the UBS

1712718593328.png

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Going to be a long 7 years watching Engvall
Roy likes to play him in the final minutes of the game, so get used to it.

You gotta love the Rangers whining about the refs when one time something does not go their way. Laviolette saying that the collision between Pelech and Zibanejad was intentional. They are that delusional that they just expect the refs to be on their side. Why? Because they need the PP to win, they cannot win without the PP. The only reason they even crawled back into the game down 3-0 is because they got three straight PPs.
I didnt see the Rangers complaining at the Stadium Series when they got outplayed the entire game and then were handed 3 straight PPs in the last 10 minutes to the game which allowed them to comeback. At least 1 or 2 of those calls very weak.
The Rangers also conveniently seem to ignore they got away with at least 4-5 holding and interference calls when they were being dominated in the first period.
Lavy is smartly controlling the narrative- that’s all. You want your coach doing that.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Great win by the boys tonight. Any problems with this team is simply in their own heads. The first period showed how dominant they can be. The second shows there is still work to be done.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I love seeing the Isles beat the Rangers. They get their entitled crybaby rags out. We wuz robbed, Islanders checked us ! Beautiful game.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Never thought the Isles would be in the play off race for this long. If they can solve the awful PK, this season might turn into a pleasant surprise.

scott99

May 13, 2005
“Poor Rempe, he gets challenged every game”. Typical Ranger’s victim speak. He started this shit by headhunting every game. I hope Martin cleans his clock Saturday.

Reactions: Potvottier

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I love seeing the Isles beat the Rangers. They get their entitled crybaby rags out. We wuz robbed, Islanders checked us ! Beautiful game.
I honestly think the Islanders are the better team in this particular matchup. Season points aside. Stronger, faster, more talented. If they can just steamroll over them for 3 periods rather than losing their focus in periods 2-3 they could have their way with the Rags. They just wasted 2/3 of their season with Lamberts nonsense. I am looking forward to a playoff series against these 2 teams when the Isles typically play a heavier game and without the pressure of just trying to get in. As we all know the Isles are built for the physicality in the playoffs. Just one series with this team playing to win under Roy is what I’m looking forward to.

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
People seem to forget even if the refs didn’t miss the call on 8, the rags still would have had to score just to tie with 10 seconds to go. Impossible? No. Unlikely? Yes.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Great first period followed by 'game management' aided momentum shift that never really stopped. Idk how much of that was a factor, because NYI have been so capable of abruptly losing momentum without the ref's doing anything.

The forward play after the D recovers the puck in the defensive zone is terrible, the defenders expect it, and so throwing the puck out without control becomes their only thought. It seemed as if Engvall & Martin were the only wingers capable of helping out his defenders. And the center play was pretty awful.

I know he obviously declined, but this is why I miss Josh Bailey. He was good at facilitating zone exits. Tbh it looks to me sometimes that Josh Bailey taught Matt Martin some of his tricks.

People seem to forget even if the refs didn’t miss the call on 8, the rags still would have had to score just to tie with 10 seconds to go. Impossible? No. Unlikely? Yes.

It'd be 6 on 4 with a faceoff in the zone for 10 seconds. I mean, I know it's 10 seconds, but this year I don't feel super confident about that.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I honestly think the Islanders are the better team in this particular matchup. Season points aside. Stronger, faster, more talented. If they can just steamroll over them for 3 periods rather than losing their focus in periods 2-3 they could have their way with the Rags. They just wasted 2/3 of their season with Lamberts nonsense. I am looking forward to a playoff series against these 2 teams when the Isles typically play a heavier game and without the pressure of just trying to get in. As we all know the Isles are built for the physicality in the playoffs. Just one series with this team playing to win under Roy is what I’m looking forward to.

You can tell from the NYR fan comments, that they’re absolutely terrified of facing NYI in the first round.

• Love
Reactions: MarsTBOW

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Martin should line up next to him at a faceoff early in the game and ask him if he wants to go again. Then when Rempe throws off his gloves just stand there. :laugh:
You know how it’s going to play out Saturday. Laviolette keeps him away from Martin and tells him to target skilled players with “accidental” high hits. Rempe then misses an elbow to the head of Barzal.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
You know how it’s going to play out Saturday. Laviolette keeps him away from Martin and tells him to target skilled players with “accidental” high hits. Rempe then misses an elbow to the head of Barzal.
They won't specifically go after Barzal. They'll go after Dobson and Pelech.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
They won't specifically go after Barzal. They'll go after Dobson and Pelech.
So we’re gonna watch Goodrow reenact his Tampa playoffs and just try to take guys out. Interesting and I honestly hope we see the Cal on Lindgren hit again as well as the Martin on Trouba. Let them both eat their words and arrogance.

Reactions: MJF

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
So we’re gonna watch Goodrow reenact his Tampa playoffs and just try to take guys out. Interesting and I honestly hope we see the Cal on Lindgren hit again as well as the Martin on Trouba. Let them both eat their words and arrogance.
I mean, they've got a bunch of skill guys who aren't particularly physical, and this is a time-honored way of 'protecting' them. It's not just or only the Rangers. It's the league that allows teams to hire mercenary sideshows to play that role. Look, what good has it done the Devils not to have those kind of players? In that context, it's pretty clear the way things are have favored the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad