GDT: GDT #77 New York Islanders vs Nashville Predators | April 6th | 7:30 PM | F/2-0 W

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Love the guy but other than this being a low scoring affair this was nothing like Trotz hockey. That would be an insult to all the hard work Roy has put into fixing the Isles game. Breakouts, fast tempo, offensive support, Barzy playing his style of hockey. Players using their skill and not being utilized like pawns on a chessboard. Players playing with confidence trusting their athleticism as Roy has preached time and time again. Not sitting back on a lead or at least trying not to turtle against a good team. Defensemen stepping up to attack incoming rushing offense men. Playing more man on man D and not letting the other team have time to set up and needlessly pelt our goalie with shot after shot. This is everything they should have been doing for the past 6 years and to a T everything that I’ve been asking for. It’s just the right way to play hockey. This is what playing to win looks like. It’s just basic good hockey. I would want them to go into the playoffs playing this way. Not scoring 1 goal and sitting back the rest of the game. Ridiculous! They are no longer playing chess. They are playing hockey. Thank the lord! Feels good huh?

Last edited:

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Love the guy but other than this being a low scoring affair this was nothing like Trotz hockey. That would be an insult to all the hard work Roy has put into fixing the Isles game. Breakouts, fast tempo, offensive support, Barzy playing his style of hockey. Players using their skill and not being utilized like pawns on a chessboard. Players playing with confidence trusting their athleticism as Roy has preached time and time again. Not sitting back on a lead or at least trying not to turtle against a good team. Defensemen stepping up to attack incoming rushing offense men. Playing more man on man D and not letting the other team have time to set up and needlessly pelt our goalie with shot after shot. This is everything they should have been doing for the past 6 years and to a T everything that I’ve been asking for. It’s just the right way to play hockey. This is what playing to win looks like. It’s just basic good hockey. I would want them to go into the playoffs playing this way. Not scoring 1 goal and sitting back the rest of the game. Ridiculous! They are no longer playing chess. They are playing hockey. Thank the lord! Feels good huh?
The win percentage is virtually identical.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Varly looks to be super comfortable and confident, need that since Sorokin looks to be rattled. Hope they can continue through the last 5 games but hopefully in or out they don’t sit pat on this team come the off season! They need to be reshaped into a more mobile group

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Varly looks to be super comfortable and confident, need that since Sorokin looks to be rattled. Hope they can continue through the last 5 games but hopefully in or out they don’t sit pat on this team come the off season! They need to be reshaped into a more mobile group
I was there and Varly was not quite super comfortable and confident. In his post game interview he even said as much, including he was lucky and would take being lucky any day. He was good and wound up being where he needed to be for 41 shots, and I’ll take that any day as well

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I’d start Varly vs the rangers. I’d make him number 1 for rest of regular season…unless he goes bad

Last edited:
Reactions: Strummergas

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I’d start Varly vs the rangers. I’d make him number 1 for rest of regular season…unless he goes bad

I think this is the way to go. I'd start Varly for 4 of the remaining 5. Maybe get Sorokin in one of them so that he doesn't get too rusty in the event that he needs to start again for one reason or another.

Starting with Tuesday's game, they play every other night between then and the end of the season. No back-to-backs and minimal travel. Varly should be able to handle the load.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Ride varly. roy, knows firsthand a hot goalie down the stretch is gold jerry. Nice to have ace like sorokin riding the pine working on his game

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
I was there and Varly was not quite super comfortable and confident. In his post game interview he even said as much, including he was lucky and would take being lucky any day. He was good and wound up being where he needed to be for 41 shots, and I’ll take that any day as well
As a goalie, you need some luck but when I compare him to his starts after his injury the last 5 he’s in good position to make the stops needed

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The Isles don’t win with Sorokin in net - that’s clear. And Sorokin ain’t getting any luck his way this season.

Reactions: attilatheislander

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I’d rather understand the total number of blown leads under each coach and the goals against.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Keep playing Varly until he has a bad game. Then start Sorokin until he has a bad game. Repeat until the season is over.

Reactions: Potvottier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad