GDT: GDT #74 New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | April 1st | 7:00 PM | F/4-3 OTW

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Gonna laugh when that point is the difference in the end
Points lost to Sharks with 3 goal lead in third, lost points with last second goals in third in Jersey and Nashville. Those are the lost points that come to mind if they don’t make it. They battled tonight, honestly that is all you can ask at this point. It’s on to best Chicago tomorrow now.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
This team simply DOES not deserve to be in the playoffs.

How does Pageau not get that puck out of the zone to save the most important point of the season???

Why would anyone under these circumstances try some cutsie panzy backhand crap???

And then Lee not too long after that as well....

This game was a do-or-die 4-point game.

And they failed.

Again.

This needed to be a regulation win.
None of the final 4 deserve it - it’s the race of the ineptitudes.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

How does Pageau not get that puck out of the zone to save the most important point of the season???

Why would anyone under these circumstances try some cutsie panzy backhand crap???

And they failed.

Again.

It’s flawed team, honestly it’s fun these games even mean something. Changes are coming either way so might as well just enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Chockey22

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

And they failed.

Again.

I agree the JGP dumb/weak play was inexcusable, but hey look at the bright side. Come ping pong ball time we may be glad the Flyers got that point! :rolleyes:

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
So many of the Isles players score not because of the accuracy of their shot but because of their positioning so that pass or a loose puck finds them in a prime position.

That’s not the case for Nelson. You have to give him credit. His goals are typically related to the accuracy of his shot. That’s a skill that’s impressive yet in short supply on this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarsTBOW and MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Any and every team that makes the playoffs deserves it. What a stupid fvcking statement to make.

Reactions: Potvottier

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Thanks for nothing Tampa. We play pretty well against them and lose 4-1 and they have been unbeatable recently. Sure enough Detroit with 4 losses in a row goes into Tampa and wins.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Honestly yeah I’m in for low expectations tbh, I don’t expect them to get in but game by game they are still alive so there is reason to watch tomorrow night.
All this team does is frustrate and disappoint. I don’t see getting your jollies off of that.

So many of the Isles players score not because of the accuracy of their shot but because of their positioning so that pass or a loose puck finds them in a prime position.

That’s not the case for Nelson. You have to give him credit. His goals are typically related to the accuracy of his shot. That’s a skill that’s impressive yet in short supply on this team.
He’s got a 50 goal shot but 30 goal accuracy.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
All this team does is frustrate and disappoint. I don’t see getting your jollies off of that.
I really gave up on this season when they lost in Chicago, I really truly feel changes are coming regardless of if they get in or not. Roy has half a season to evaluate and somehow get this team in which amazingly after all the blown leads, devasting losses etc can still happen.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I don't want to be a debbie downer, butt......we lose every tie breaker via regulation wins. So if we are let's say 3 points behind, it's really four.

Kind of sad to see we only have more regulation wins than Montreal, Chicago, Columbus, San Jose and Anaheim. Arizona at 68 even has 25 = (

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
This team simply DOES NOT deserve to be in the playoffs.

View attachment 844782

View attachment 844785

And they failed.

Again.

This simply had to be a regulation win.
that Pageau did not clear the zone there is inexcusable

Reactions: beach

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't want to be a debbie downer, butt......we lose every tie breaker via regulation wins. So if we are let's say 3 points behind, it's really four.

Not a debbie downer at all, that's the reality of the situation the team has put themselves in by doing this all season long.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Not a debbie downer at all, that's the reality of the situation the team has put themselves in by doing this all season long.
I can't believe we even have a shot tbh. If we got 8-0, we only hit 95 points, which is really low to make the playoffs. I don't see us going 8-0 btw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad