GDT: GDT #73 New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | March 30th | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-1

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Some odd decisions by players and coaches alike. Barzal Horvat not a thing we do down 2? Jesus why Fasching? Hickey couldn't stop himself lol. Basically saying Fasching is borderline useless so how about putting an actual NHLer out there.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
don't play dumb, you know what he means, we all know and you too

Roy's looking like a grimacing tomato
Not playing dumb at all - observing that Sorokin has not played that well this year and could bring back assets that could help the team immediately is the furthest thing from suggesting this year's problems are all on Sorokin. It would be nice if people actually engaged with the arguments people make rather than making up arguments that are easy to take apart

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
We. Are. Not. Good. Enough.

I will trade this years first to get rid of Lee. I can't do 3 more years!
We shouldn't be trading the first round pick in any circumstances.

The window is closed. Party is over. The team needs to be rebuilt and it's going to be a rough few years ahead regardless of whether or not Lee is here. So in no way should the first round pick be traded to get rid of him.

Some of you need to smell the coffee that is right in front of you.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Cannot even win a puck battle on the boards much less connect on an outlet pass....
This Ass Clown show needs to be broken up for good.
It’s going to be, I’m pretty convinced things with roster and perhaps even front office will be changing. They were good in 2nd and then the crazy tip to make it 3-1 ended it tonight. At least we are finally at point now where they need to win in Philly to make Tuesday night mean something.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Some odd decisions by players and coaches alike. Barzal Horvat not a thing we do down 2? Jesus why Fasching? Hickey couldn't stop himself lol. Basically saying Fasching is borderline useless so how about putting an actual NHLer out there.

It's the White Flag maybe....

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
-10 in 10 games since the Anaheim. Get rid of piling on up 3-1 vs sleepy WPG and that’s -13. 8 long years coming.

When your best players are your best players…well, that ain’t the case here.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
We. Are. Not. Good. Enough.

I will trade this years first to get rid of Lee. I can't do 3 more years!
I think we all agree that Lee is cooked; but I'd hate to give up a first to dump him. If we were guaranteed to use that cap space to improve the team, then maybe - but giving LL 7 million in cap space worries me after last offseason. We paid to unload Bailey so we could bring back Engvall and Mayfield. At this point, I'd rather have kept Bailey and let Engvall go

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
It’s going to be, I’m pretty convinced things with roster and perhaps even front office will be changing. They were good in 2nd and then the crazy tip to make it 3-1 ended it tonight. At least we are finally at point now where they need to win in Philly to make Tuesday night mean something.

Yes Brother. We just don't have the Horses to compete anymore.
I hope we beat Philly, but in the end not sure it will make any difference.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Watching Barzal have to play with Fasching and Cizikas is painful.

And yet, Wings, Flyers, and Caps continue to lose (albeit Wings and Caps got one point tonight). Hard to believe there's still a fighting change to make the playoffs.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think we all agree that Lee is cooked; but I'd hate to give up a first to dump him. If we were guaranteed to use that cap space to improve the team, then maybe - but giving LL 7 million in cap space worries me after last offseason. We paid to unload Bailey so we could bring back Engvall and Mayfield. At this point, I'd rather have kept Bailey and let Engvall go
Bailey was toast, no other team wanted him after the buyout.

Engvall shoulda got a 1 year deal or walk. That term was not the brightest move despite him playing well with Nelson end of last season.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
We shouldn't be trading the first round pick in any circumstances.

The window is closed. Party is over. The team needs to be rebuilt and it's going to be a rough few years ahead regardless of whether or not Lee is here. So in no way should the first round pick be traded to get rid of him.

Some of you need to smell the coffee that is right in front of you.

No lies detected.

(Although I do believe the coffee has been out for so long that some might mistake it for sewage).

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Watching Barzal have to play with Fasching and Cizikas is painful.

And yet, Wings, Flyers, and Caps continue to lose (albeit Wings and Caps got one point tonight). Hard to believe there's still a fighting change to make the playoffs.
Turgeon or Tavares would have made those guys better. Barzal doesn’t make anyone around him better. He’s a special one, that’s for sure.

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Bailey was toast, no other team wanted him after the buyout.

Engvall shoulda got a 1 year deal or walk. That term was not the brightest move despite him playing well with Nelson end of last season.
For sure Bailey was done; it was frustrating to watch him play. But gotta say, Engvall's been just as frustrating, and has about the same amount of points as Bails had last year. I still think we'd have been better off keeping Bailey and having that money this offseason at the cost of Engvall and his ridiculous contract.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Probably looking at buyout seemingly.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Turgeon or Tavares would have made those guys better. Barzal doesn’t make anyone around him better. He’s a special one, that’s for sure.
Not so sure of this - he has elevated Horvat's game. Turgeon had a lot of talent around him on the Island so hard to gauge, and agreed on Tavares in his prime - he made Moulson and Parenteau look pretty pretty good - which is no small accomplishment.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Here is the crazy part, the Flyers losing to the Blackhawks is honestly more important than our result tonight. Nobody expected us to win both Florida games but the Flyers were expected to beat Chicago.
This sets up a situation where Monday is basically for us to control our own destiny. I know that sounds insane. But between Monday and Thursday the Flyers and Red Wings only play 1 game each. This is the week we have our games in hand.
If we beat the Flyers on Monday, we have two games against bottom dwellers Chicago and Columbus. If we win those three games, no matter what else happens, we would be in a playoff spot next Friday with six games to go.
It comes down to these guys, can they make that happen. Go beat the Flyers, Chicago and Columbus and you will control your own destiny with 6 games to go in the season.

Reactions: SI

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
It's also concerning that Nelson has basically disappeared - he's not doing much at all. Had three good chances tonight and did nothing. He's probably still got value around the league, but seems like this offseason is a good time to move him

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
Here is the crazy part, the Flyers losing to the Blackhawks is honestly more important than our result tonight. Nobody expected us to win both Florida games but the Flyers were expected to beat Chicago.
This sets up a situation where Monday is basically for us to control our own destiny. I know that sounds insane. But between Monday and Thursday the Flyers and Red Wings only play 1 game each. This is the week we have our games in hand.
If we beat the Flyers on Monday, we have two games against bottom dwellers Chicago and Columbus. If we win those three games, no matter what else happens, we would be in a playoff spot next Friday with six games to go.
It comes down to these guys, can they make that happen. Go beat the Flyers, Chicago and Columbus and you will control your own destiny with 6 games to go in the season.
Scratch that. I see where you're going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad