GDT: GDT #71 New York Islanders vs New Jersey Devils | March 24th | 5:00 PM | F/4-0 L

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
When they went on that 6 game run I had hope they would get in and we’d see 1 round of playoffs. Felt like the message that Roy was trying to teach was maybe working but when they lost to LA 3-0 I was hoping that was just a bad game but then losing a 2nd game kinda knew that this is their MO. Good performances followed by bad performances.

The only thing to look forward to now is the reshaping of the front office followed by the roster. Lou will be replaced as GM before the draft and kept on as something should he chose to stay

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I am very interested to see what happens this offseason. Even though I wasn't a Lane fan, I didn't think it would completely unravel quite like this.

I dont know if Roy has done enough to keep his job, but it's clear that our owners need to move on from Lou. Whether that's bringing Barry back in the front office role or trying something else, I don't know. But I do not feel like anyone understood what it meant to be in charge of this club quite as much as Barry did.

I'm very thankful for what Lou and Barry did during the pandemic years, but missing the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and seeing this sharp regression can fall on no one else but Lou. It's his roster, it's his coach.

Reactions: periferal

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I am very interested to see what happens this offseason. Even though I wasn't a Lane fan, I didn't think it would completely unravel quite like this.

I dont know if Roy has done enough to keep his job, but it's clear that our owners need to move on from Lou. Whether that's bringing Barry back in the front office role or trying something else, I don't know. But I do not feel like anyone understood what it meant to be in charge of this club quite as much as Barry did.

I'm very thankful for what Lou and Barry did during the pandemic years, but missing the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and seeing this sharp regression can fall on no one else but Lou. It's his roster, it's his coach.
You think Trotz is coming back here or am I misunderstanding what you’re saying? I think Lou could be back, it’s 50/50 honestly. Roy will be back, whether that is as coach or maybe the GM but clearly he was lured here with promise of some sort of power.

Reactions: miscs75

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
You think Trotz is coming back here or am I misunderstanding what you’re saying? I think Lou could be back, it’s 50/50 honestly. Roy will be back, whether that is as coach or maybe the GM but clearly he was lured here with promise of some sort of power.
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that read that with utter confusion. We’ve got a better shot of Barry Manilow and Barry White being hired as the national anthem singers next season then Barry Trotz coming back to the organization with his current gig.

• Haha
Reactions: Lek and MarsTBOW

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA
Why in god's name would BT even think about coming back here? Do you think he has more of an allegiance to this organization than NSH, the team he weaned into the NHL from it's infancy and then coached for 15 years?! Not a chance. Oh, and he also seems to be pushing all the right buttons now that he's back there as well as having a deep prospect pool, all of his draft picks and then some and lots of cap space, that is to say, NSH has everything that we don't. He ain't going anywhere for a while.

Oops, responded to the wrong post (I don't know how to completely undo it. The post keeps coming back when I try to delete it). It was meant for @NittanyIsle. My apologies.

Last edited:

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013

I'd want Barry here as the GM...

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
My guess is Barzal and his scrubs blew their load when the Isles were up 3-1. I wouldn’t expect much from them today.
Crystal ball wins 2.0. The Talent show walked away with a -2. That’s -12 in 8 games if you don’t count the piling onto the 3-1 lead stat pad against a sleepy WPG team. Just need more wingers…

The trivia question today was who was the last guy on the isles to b2b 50 assists seasons. Answer: Turgeon.

Another guy that made two players around him much, much better. Look at Thomas and King’s numbers with and without Turgeon.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Welp...now it's definitely over. I mentioned in the WPG thread, this team is too inconsistent to have me buy into the win as an indication of things to come.

Retooling, on all levels, couldn't come soon enough.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

He's fully enmeshed in Nashville, and doing what looks like a pretty damn good job. Not surprised, he's one of the best hockey minds in the game.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
H

e's not coming back! Why would he?

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Let me just start by saying that the Isles did not play well yesterday. Given the importance of the game yet again they failed to show the needed level of desperation. On a personal level, I am annoyed at them because we brought my 9 year old nephew to the game and he only gets to go to one with us each season. By the third period he was saying he would be so happy if they could score just one and they couldnt even do that for the poor kid.
All that aside, and I hate to do this yet again, the game was changed by a series of horrendous calls by the officials. In the first half of the first period we were controlling play and had a significant shot advantage. Then came the call on Clutterbuck. I have seen some bad/phantom calls in my lifetime. This might have been one of the worst I have ever seen. Clutterbuck barely grazed the front of the Devils player as they went into the boards. He never once even so much as touched the guy's back. How in the world was this called a cross check. Then you get a weak call against Cizikas and giving them a 5 on 3 for a minute and a half and that changed the entire flow of the game.
Yet, later when Palmieri was clearly cross checked in front of the net when we had a PP, there was no call.
Why is it there are ALWAYS calls against us in OT and when we are already down a man, but when another team does something at either of those two times, it is ignored and we are essentially led to believe someone would have to be murdered for us to get another call.
I am just so tired of this season after season.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Let me just start by saying that the Isles did not play well yesterday. Given the importance of the game yet again they failed to show the needed level of desperation. On a personal level, I am annoyed at them because we brought my 9 year old nephew to the game and he only gets to go to one with us each season. By the third period he was saying he would be so happy if they could score just one and they couldnt even do that for the poor kid.
All that aside, and I hate to do this yet again, the game was changed by a series of horrendous calls by the officials. In the first half of the first period we were controlling play and had a significant shot advantage. Then came the call on Clutterbuck. I have seen some bad/phantom calls in my lifetime. This might have been one of the worst I have ever seen. Clutterbuck barely grazed the front of the Devils player as they went into the boards. He never once even so much as touched the guy's back. How in the world was this called a cross check. Then you get a weak call against Cizikas and giving them a 5 on 3 for a minute and a half and that changed the entire flow of the game.
Yet, later when Palmieri was clearly cross checked in front of the net when we had a PP, there was no call.
Why is it there are ALWAYS calls against us in OT and when we are already down a man, but when another team does something at either of those two times, it is ignored and we are essentially led to believe someone would have to be murdered for us to get another call.
I am just so tired of this season after season.

Because the refs and Toronto are against the Isles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad