GDT: GDT #68 New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes | March 19th | 7:30 PM | F/4-1 L

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
It is sad to see Pelech like this. A top-5 shutdown D man looking more like a third pairing. I'd hate to do it (he was my favorite D man), but if you could upgrade on him this offseason I would. Trade Pelech, sign an upgrade; even Sean Walker would be at this point.
Pelech is Vlasic and we are on our way to being the sharks

Reactions: Lame Lambert

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Welp, with this upcoming schedule, that's 2 of the last 3 seasons missing the playoffs. There is no justifiable way to 'run back' this same roster.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Lou will find a way. He will probably end trading for Leddy to get more of the old boys club back

I know you hate Lou, but I give him a little bit more credit than that. He will have no excuses; he used his coach's card, they failed. He had faith in this group, they failed. Something will give.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Great servant. Should not see any more ice time.

Well this is just idiotic

You only need to look at Isles body language to see they have fully quit. No life in them at all.
not their fault, they are giving all they can and they are just met with a better team, it is up to the management to realize when the team has hit a wall and it is time to pull the plug, Lou blew it at 2 straight deadlines

Reactions: Ishkabible

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Great servant. Should not see any more ice time.

Well this is just idiotic

You only need to look at Isles body language to see they have fully quit. No life in them at all.
I feel like it’s been like this for 3 seasons now…just long spans of life less hockey. I can’t see how bringing everyone back + Roy is going to make us any better. I’m not sure how you fix it.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
It's interesting that Bridgeport also went on a run at same time, and like Isles have totally fallen apart too.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I feel like it’s been like this for 3 seasons now…just long spans of life less hockey. I can’t see how bringing everyone back + Roy is going to make us any better. I’m not sure how you fix it.
Roster changes, I’ve said before I think this is why Lou did zip at deadline. I think three of these six guys won’t be here next year, Lee, Pageau, Nelson, Pelech, Pulock. Maybe even all of them, I really think serious roster changes are coming. I think Lou will be one in charge but I wonder if it will be Roy.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I know players play and coaches and managers manage, but this season mostly has to fall on the GM. The GM has to know the team and read the tea leaves to properly evaluate and put the team in the best position to not only win but look ahead.

This team even with it's 6 game streak had terrible analytics. The one stat that was never going to improve and is usually the best indicator is goal differential. EVEN if this team made the playoffs, we were most likely looking at a 5 or 6 game first round exit. What was going to change? It is not likely turning on the lights and all of a sudden this team was going to clamp down in the d zone and not get outshot or give up high danger chances. These habits were not instilled and were just not going to magically appear.

I say see if Iskhakov can play at this level and evaluate the roster.

I am excited to see what Roy can do with an amended roster and training camp.

I will be pulling for the Stars and Jets in the West and the Panthers in the East and whoever plays the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad