GDT: GDT #65 New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | March 14th | 7:00 PM | F/4-0 L

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Where is the fiery Roy we were told we were getting? Looks like he’s resigned to not making the playoffs and not even going to yell at the team for playing like shit.
What do you want these coaches to do? Play, when the heck is it the players. It’s enough of garbage like this. Stop making it like the coach plays.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
The point is that it shouldn't matter. If the post is hockey/Islanders related then there's nothing wrong with the post. There's no jury deciding what's acceptable as long as it meets the criteria set forth in the HF Boards rules. Just because you think it's a redundant point, or the point is only made when the Isles are losing and that poster remains quiet on other days should have no impact on whether the poster can post with receiving an inflammatory response.

Oh, I'm terribly sorry if I hurt someone's feelings! Seriously, I have no power to stop anyone from posting anything, so if someone wants to post the same bullshit over and over and over again, they're free to do so, but then they should be prepared for backlash.Jesus, for as much as I dislike Begbie's garbage, at least he takes the ridicule like an adult.

Wasn’t the LA game right on cue ? Love guys who think 2 dimes are going to get you a quarter? They are just going through a rough spell , there will be more wins to go with these loses. I haven’t changed my tune though. They are my favourite team but I’ve got no illusions they are what dynasty’s are built like.

Oh did you post during the LA game?

Last edited:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Also you fail to ever comment on any other of my many posts about things OTHER than Lou. Like I commented on Engvall a few posts earlier. Try to comment on those as well instead of seeing only what you want to see (like you accuse others of).

I try to limit my interactions with you. Sometime you just rub me the wrong way. Actually, most of the time. I'll save you the response; I know you don't care nor should you have to.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I try to limit my interactions with you. Sometime you just rub me the wrong way. Actually, most of the time. I'll save you the response; I know you don't care nor should you have to.

So instead of ignoring me (which would "limit ALL interactions" with me) or even trying to find common ground by replying to posts of mine talking about anything non-Lou...You only choose to reply to posts of mine that enable you to ridicule me.
So you only reply to me when you are "rubbed the wrong way." - Not when you see a regular post (that might actually lead to a decent conversation). Based on that you want to be triggered. It could all end with a simple click of "ignore."

Sure. Sucks when they lose. Sucks even worse when supposed fans of the team are happy about it. But if there's one thing I've learned from this place, there's nothing more important than being right.

And please produce actual quotes from tonight's GDT that suggest posters are "are happy about" the Isles losing.

Reactions: beach

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Only positive is two of the three teams above us lost, but several behind picked up points. Still way too inconsistent
Buffalo does this stuff every year. Yah, they won. Next year they are gonna be a contender… (uh-huh).

The isles are either going to put on their big boy pants and make the playoffs or not. Lou is on record that it’s all about making the playoffs vs positioning within the 8 that do.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

chico19341

Jan 12, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Sure. Sucks when they lose. Sucks even worse when supposed fans of the team are happy about it. But if there's one thing I've learned from this place, there's nothing more important than being right.
They don’t have what it takes. I think it’s pretty evident. Pointing this out doesn’t make a fan lesser than.

Will I be watching and wanting them to win this weekend? I sure will- just like every season.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
So instead of ignoring me (which would "limit ALL interactions" with me) or even trying to find common ground by replying to posts of mine talking about anything non-Lou...You only choose to reply to posts of mine that enable you to ridicule me.
So you only reply to me when you are "rubbed the wrong way." - Not when you see a regular post (that might actually lead to a decent conversation). Based on that you want to be triggered. It could all end with a simple click of "ignore."

And please produce actual quotes from tonight's GDT that suggest posters are "are happy about" the Isles losing.

Something like that, yes. As far as regular posts by you, I feel like they'd stand out if I've ever saw one, and I can't recall ever seeing one. I suppose I could look harder, but then I run the risk of being called obsessed. Oh! I do remember one time you made a joke and we shared a chuckle. So there was that.

As far as producing quotes, I already stated earlier in the thread that such sentiment was thinly veiled. No one actually said those words specifically. But the readiness to rehash and repost the same shit over and over again implies that one is on the lookout for opportunities to do so, thus taking glee in the ability to do so ("See! I'm right"). Admittedly, this is my own perception, but one gained after years of experience on these boards. But there's a first time for everything I suppose. After all, Lou didn't trade the 1st rounder this deadline, now did he?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
They don’t have what it takes. I think it’s pretty evident. Pointing this out doesn’t make a fan lesser than.

Will I be watching and wanting them to win this weekend? I sure will- just like every season.

They don't have what it takes to make it easy on themselves, that's for sure, but they still might get there in the end. And I don't think anyone is saying that the team is beyond critique. I'm certainly not. But if you're enjoying losing because it better serves the purpose of furthering your agenda, then I'm sorry, but you suck.

Reactions: Potvottier

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
This has been the weirdest season ever. If they proceed with Roy and I hope they do, Lou has to try and mix this thing up next year. Group might now be as far away as we thought but it’s not close enough either. In hindsight im glad we kept Brock but we def need a degree of retooling no matter what. Really sucks to look this horrendous after that streak.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The game in LA was ok, a really low event game and they could not score on PP. Tonight to me I saw a mile away, this would have happened in UBS or Buffalo just that time zone change gets everyone. I’m trying to find it but east teams off west trips to California or west Canada have like 2 wins out of 16 or 17 games this year. I was sort off heartened at 0-0 after 1 that they might have survived but they never got any legs all night.

Just wished they had played like a team that understands this scheduling challenge and thus stays within its bounds, keeps things simple, and doesn't conduct a bunch of video game experiments on the ice.

In other words, best time to just stick to the KISS principle.

Instead, the sloppiness was at a season high level and there was one failed science project after another out there.

That's what I don't get. That's what's so darn disappointing.

Thought it might have been the worst game I've seen from Holmstrom.

Reactions: Strummergas and Lek

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
When you have a one line team and that line goes cold you get shutout. I don’t think it is much more complicated than that.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I moved my f***ing work for this team; as I have time and time again.

You pay me!

That’s how this goes. You make millions. I’m highly educated, and do not (though I was a top-5 soccer player, played against Alexis Lalas in tournaments.)

You…pay…meeee!

(I really, *really mean this…I’m thinking a letter.)

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Thought it might have been the worst game I've seen from Holmstrom.
Agreed.

I turned it off after the 2nd period. Did Roy mix up the lines in the 3rd? He should put Brock back at the 2C. Maybe try Holmstrom on LW on the 1st line (as a reward for his bad game!).

BTW, as an early member of the Lee-is-not-a-good-captain Club, it's annoying to me not only that he took such a bad penalty last night but also "his" team works to get into a playoff spot and then takes the foot off the pedal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad