GDT: GDT #60 New York Islanders vs Boston Bruins | March 2nd | 7:30 PM | F/5-1 W

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
That's about as good a game as they've played this year. First time I haven't really been nervous the other team would inevitably come back.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
That's not even close to being true. Aho and Martin are probably tied for worst players on the team.
I agree. Engvall in a third line role is perfectly respectable; Martin on the other hand, in any role, is a liability. And Aho, while not great, is remarkably a step up from Mayfield.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
How does this affect deadline? Roy jumbled up the roster and seems to have found what Lambert couldn’t? Just a a small streak a lot of teams that are where they are in standings go on right before deadline? I don’t know what personally I feel like, clearly Roy has gotten them buying into what he has sold them.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It's a rare night when the Bruins look this disinterested from the opening faceoff. The last time the were this uncompetitive against the Isles was the 2021 playoffs.

Reactions: BrockLobster

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
It's a rare night when the Bruins look this disinterested from the opening faceoff. The last time the were this uncompetitive against the Isles was the 2021 playoffs.
they are absolutely battered up, but honestly this is a team that has one line and got away with so much BS luck against us with that game back in December.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
If we sneak into the playoffs give me the Bruins please. Anyone but the Canes honestly.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If we sneak into the playoffs give me the Bruins please. Anyone but the Canes honestly.
Give me the Canes really. If they wanna cry over last year, then i'll be glad playing them. Their goaltending is shot with how it stands currently.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
How does this affect deadline? Roy jumbled up the roster and seems to have found what Lambert couldn’t? Just a a small streak a lot of teams that are where they are in standings go on right before deadline? I don’t know what personally I feel like, clearly Roy has gotten them buying into what he has sold them.

Either a depth move or a Horvat type move. No trading of the first for a 32+ type.

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Either a depth move or a Horvat type move. No trading of the first for a 32+ type.
Yeah, I'm on board with that view. An inexpensive move for a forward who can score a bit (SJ maybe?), or a bigger move that helps now and in the future. Re: the second, we're thinking it would be for a forward but that could also involve the D (I'd feel a lot better about this team if the 2nd D pair included a more dynamic puck-moving offensive guy).

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Key stat, isles only had 6 hits all game. Tells you they had the puck a LOT, which they did, dominated possession
Good call. BOS had 36 hits to the Isles' 6 hits. Did Jack Capuano coach BOS last night? Seriously, Roy is trying to shift to a possession style of play the Isles haven't played in forever (I won't count Weight because I'm not sure he had any particular style of play in mind when he was coaching).

Reactions: xECK29x

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Devils advocate and not saying it would even happen but 1st for a Pinto or Mittlestadt?

I’m still assuming no because the future first rounder is cost controlled and they aren’t

If Lou is going to move the 1st this is the type trade it has to be. Something that addresses both short term and long term needs.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I think they should look into Sheary for winger depth . He has good wheels and can be a pesky bugger that can move up and down the lineup as needed .

2 mil aav for 2 more years

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Good call. BOS had 36 hits to the Isles' 6 hits. Did Jack Capuano coach BOS last night? Seriously, Roy is trying to shift to a possession style of play the Isles haven't played in forever (I won't count Weight because I'm not sure he had any particular style of play in mind when he was coaching).
A lot of those Bruins hits caused them to be out of position, hence all the odd man rushes we had

The 6 hits meant we kept positionally better in our end more than the amount of puck possession did; we stopped getting stretched defensively.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
But does Lou really do that? He looks to trade and retain vs just renting.

I would agree it’s either a big move or a move to begin the transition of the 3/4th lines - someone with term on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad