GDT: GDT #3 New York Islanders vs New Jersey Devils | October 20th | 7:30 PM | F/OTL 5-4

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
It is kind of funny to think Sorokin was sensational and allowed 5 goals on 31 shots. The shots were only 38-31. Way people were talking you would think the shots were 50-11. And throw in that they were shorthanded more double the amount of time. Refs screwed us as usual. We get called for phantom too many men penalties in game 7 of the cup semifinals, but they cant be called against our opponents in game 3 of the regular season.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It is kind of funny to think Sorokin was sensational and allowed 5 goals on 31 shots. The shots were only 38-31. Way people were talking you would think the shots were 50-11. And throw in that they were shorthanded more double the amount of time. Refs screwed us as usual. We get called for phantom too many men penalties in game 7 of the cup semifinals, but they cant be called against our opponents in game 3 of the regular season.

That's the final shots on goal. What was it mid-game when you were insisting the Islanders were playing better?

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Also, someone check Pulock for a concussion. He must have one, considering he decided to wind up for a slap shot from like 15 feet on basically a breakaway

Either that or he’s just stupid

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
It was deflected.

We got a point tonight… lucky.
like Pulock's shot or Hughes?

Pulock knew a guy was closing in on him he should have taken a wrist shot 100 percent that play

but lucky to get a point yes.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
must be nice to have a PP that can score 4 goals in one night,,,,,,,,,,this team cant score 4 PP goals in 4 games thats reality

Reactions: IslandersGER

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
very good … Lee doing anything
I've seen a lot of love for Lee early on for his hitting and stellar board play and agree. Unfortunately he is becoming Charraesque in open ice. I admire him tailoring his game to a third line role but at age 33 he is as slow as molasses.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Also Islanders really seem like a undisciplined team…

Couple of stupid penalties that were out of the ordinary. The Devils are so fast they will draw a ton of penalties. The isles gotta get a bit more speed in the lineup. Hopefully tomorrow Gauthier and Wahlstrom get in the lineup.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I've seen a lot of love for Lee early on for his hitting and stellar board play and agree. Unfortunately he is becoming Charraesque in open ice. I admire him tailoring his game to a third line role but at age 33 he is as slow as molasses.

He is still our hero

but Brock is our favorite deputy
IMG_7264.jpeg

IMG_7262.jpeg

Reactions: Duanesutter12

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
they need to still do something with the first line, I mean Barzy and Horvat is cooking on their own but still needs someone there to fit in and its not Lee and Holmstrom still might need more seasoning or not a fit.

we really just need someone to keep the puck in the zone and win the board battles that isn't slow. just make the smart plays and let the other two work and then get open for them.

3rd line is meh and 4th line helps sometimes then can be a liability.

I am loving Engvall with Nelson he just does the right things most of the time and his speed helps Nelson.

I think I want to see Gauthier or a hungry Wahlstrom in to see what we have.

Reactions: ekill08x

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
they need to still do something with the first line, I mean Barzy and Horvat is cooking on their own but still needs someone there to fit in and its not Lee and Holmstrom still might need more seasoning or not a fit.

we really just need someone to keep the puck in the zone and win the board battles that isn't slow. just make the smart plays and let the other two work and then get open for them.
Sounds like a job for Zach Parise

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
We will see on Lee, still think he will contribute in lesser role. The issue is winger for top line, it’s not Holmstrom, it’s not Lee and not really any one else on team currently. The lack of cap space right now means I’m willing to bet Wahlstrom is going to get chance soon and should that fail Iskhakov might be next as they exhaust cheap organizational options.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Also, Pulock’s defense on Hughes is reminiscent of beer league or pickup when you’re not trying to get hit by a shot since you have work the next morning.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
First game I missed in years. Nice to see the offense from Bo and Brock together. Sounds like Dobson had a good game. I’ll watch it in the morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad