GDT: GDT: 2013 NHL Draft in New Jersey [6/30 @ 12pm PT on TSN & NBCSN] GDT #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Maybe, but in the next two months there will be about 5000 posts on the main board about trading him now.

:laugh:

I've read (might have been in moneyball) that there were MLB teams who'd value players who had hot girlfriends much much more than those that didn't. If that was an organizational requirement, imagine being a scout for that, eh? Haha.

Lower self confidence=ugly gf he said

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
I wonder if DW wanted Mueller, or wanted a Dman. Since Morin, Zadarov, Pulock, Morrissey etc were all gone. Maybe he felt the defensive drop off was big after Mueller?

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
I've read (might have been in moneyball) that there were MLB teams who'd value players who had hot girlfriends much much more than those that didn't. If that was an organizational requirement, imagine being a scout for that, eh? Haha.

I read that college football coaches are less likely to hire assistant coaches with less than attractive wives. They think that if they can't recruit a beautiful woman as their wife, they won't be as good a recruiter.

Franklin from Vanderbilt said that in an interview as well.

Eye candy and salesmanship play big roles on and off the diamond/field/ice/etc.

Probably goes a little way towards explaining how so many Pros wind up penniless a decade after their careers end too.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
PR_NHL 3:15pm via Web
The 30 players taken in the first round hail from seven different countries (CAN: 17, USA: 4, AUT: 2, FIN: 2, RUS: 2, SWE: 2, CHE: 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad