GDT: GDT: 2013 NHL Draft in New Jersey [6/30 @ 12pm PT on TSN & NBCSN] GDT #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
John Tortorella makes players feel a lot of things, but I don't think "better" is on that list.

Torts is a goalie rider though, something that suits loungo. Torts has never been much of a 1A and 1B type coach. Khabby in tampa got 70 starts, lundqvist, and now loungo.

Schneider has never played more then 40 games in the nhl and well that is not going to sit well with torts.

Rickety Cricket

Mar 8, 2006
Not Kent Huskins
I don't criticize the Sharks that much, I criticize Doug Wilson. I don't conflate the two at all.

And who knows, DW may still succeed in driving me away. He seems to doing his level best to ruin the team (from my perspective).

What has he done though to ruin the team? They've made the playoffs every year he has been a GM. We all thought trading picks and prospects would hurt them dearly, but it hasn't so far.

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm disappointed that we are walking away with only 1 second round pick. And frankly only 2 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I was ok with the Kennedy trade and would have been ok with trading up in the first round. But to use up two 2nds is a bad move. We need as many prospects as possible

Would have preferred only doing one of the moves.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
One thing I don't like is that Mueller went to WHL which means he won't get to AHL for another 2 years. Lame. Then again, if he didn't, no one would know about him.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
50_mirco_mueller_ep_zps5ef13d6d.jpg

Mueller looks like Pickles had a baby with Kennedy...

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
One other good thing about this trade. We didn't have Robinson when our d-men busted. Apologies if you disagree about Petrecki, Doherty, Wishart, or Wrenn busting. I admit that Petrecki or Doherty could still have NHL careers, but not as top 4 d. In fairness to Doherty, bottom pairing would be acceptable at his pick range.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
People here didn't want Hertl as well, and now everybody loves him.

You can find people that didn't want anything and everything. That doesn't make a good argument. That's sort of what a message board is for. But that cherrypicking is a comment suggesting that they look back at all the other first round picks that they've traded up to get and see how well it has worked out for them.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
This keeps getting better.

@tsnjamesduthie Roberto Luongo: "I'm shocked! I have to let this sink in and figure out what I'm going to do."

Well played Gillis, well played. Don't talk to Luongo before the trade, let Schneider find about the trade as he watches the draft.

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
I wasn't that happy about this pick but thinking about, Sharks need defensive help. They've always been looking for that Pronger like defenseman but never found him.

Boyle is older, not many years left, Burns is being moved to forward. They traded away Murray. Despite feeling like they're deep on defense, they actually needed to shore it up a bit. Still don't like trading a 1st and 2nd to move up 2 spots...

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
What has he done though to ruin the team? They've made the playoffs every year he has been a GM. We all thought trading picks and prospects would hurt them dearly, but it hasn't so far.

Because making the playoffs isn't the barometer. Winning the Cup is. And DW has been so focused on the short-term, that he has sacraficed chances at the Cup in order to just be in the playoffs. He has been ignoring what have been obvious issues with development since he became GM, as well as some obvious issues with scouting when it comes to high-end talent. And no, you can't use Couture as his one 1st-round hit in a decade as an excuse.

The regular trade-ups, the constant trades of high picks, and mismanagement of the development process have all been "ruining" the team in my opinion.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I just wonder why it took giving up a 2nd to move up 2 spots.

Seems like a really good change he would have still been available at 20, and then the Sharks still get a decent shot at another player making the team in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad