GDT: GDT #16 New York Islanders @ Seattle Kraken | November 16th | 10PM | F/SOL 4-3

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
So I find your initial post to be gaslighting.
ITaYeES.gif

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
We were the only ones who could give Horvat 8 years. The others you mentioned weren't "the best" free agents. They may have been the best Lou could get. They also already had exposure to the organization and the community before they signed here. They didn't have to be sold on the Islanders by Lou. So I find your initial post to be gaslighting.

And what makes you think the next GM the owners hire will be worse? They managed to hire Lamoriello. Was that a fluke? They won't hire another competent GM? Is the next one going to be a Charles Wang special?
Exactly, he had to trade for them to initiate them to lead up to signing. Same thing Snow was attempting do. Gee, why is that?

Horvat had limited options to sign to begin with (I mentioned that a long time ago when he was in Vancouver and the Isles should trade for him bc he could give it a whirl or face the Johnny Trademark situation).

Hey, so did Kadri and Johnny Trademark had limited options, they said ‘no thanks’ and Horvat said ‘sure.’

Guys identified in the top five or ten of their free agent class are ‘top free agents.’ The Isles are probably a ‘C’ destination, Lou probably has them a ‘B-‘ once Lou moves on, depending on who gets hired, probably back in the ‘C’ world.

Who knows who the owners will hire? but the GM job is bigger than trades and free agents, so seems to me the owners want someone with league clout and veteran experience. I would not be surprised if they seek to hire McPhee from Vegas, he was bumped up, he won in Vegas (something that escaped him in WAS), has had a huge
Impact on Vegas, and may want to get back into the GM role and run a franchise again.

Although, it was funny how some Isles fans railed against McPhee that he sucked bc of the Forsberg trade,,,only for the guy to totally build and lead Vegas to the franchise it is - but he was Snow’s buddy and wasn’t good enough for the Isles.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Exactly, he had to trade for them to initiate them to lead up to signing. Same thing Snow was attempting do. Gee, why is that?

Horvat had limited options to sign to begin with (I mentioned that a long time ago when he was in Vancouver and the Isles should trade for him bc he could give it a whirl or face the Johnny Trademark situation).

Hey, so did Kadri and Johnny Trademark had limited options, they said ‘no thanks’ and Horvat said ‘sure.’

Guys identified in the top five or ten of their free agent class are ‘top free agents.’ The Isles are probably a ‘C’ destination, Lou probably has them a ‘B-‘ once Lou moves on, depending on who gets hired, probably back in the ‘C’ world.

Who knows who the owners will hire? but the GM job is bigger than trades and free agents, so seems to me the owners want someone with league clout and veteran experience. I would not be surprised if they seek to hire McPhee from Vegas, he was bumped up, he won in Vegas (something that escaped him in WAS), has had a huge
Impact on Vegas, and may want to get back into the GM role and run a franchise again.

Although, it was funny how some Isles fans railed against McPhee that he sucked bc of the Forsberg trade,,,only for the guy to totally build and lead Vegas to the franchise it is - but he was Snow’s buddy and wasn’t good enough for the Isles.
I’d take McPhee if they move on from LL.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
And the bolded shows once again that you have a very simple outlook of things. Snow was GM for 12 years and was at the helm for only 4 playoff appearances, and only one playoff round win. Lou has been GM for just about 6 years. During that span the team has appeared in the playoffs in 4 out of 5 seasons including 2 Eastern Conference final appearances. That's not so say that he gets carte blanche for as long as he's here, but if you can't see the difference between the two tenures, I don't know what to tell you.

The same way the Oilers got lucky winning the draft lottery the year McDavid was available, the Isles (and Lou) got insanely lucky being the only team needing a coach when the Capitals decided not to pay Trotz. Make no mistake...Trotz is way better at his job than Lou is at his, and he was the #1 reason the Isles made those semifinals appearances. If Trotz wasn't available you'd probably be looking at another Lambert-esque coach and I guarantee if that was the case there would've been no playoff runs.

Well now Trotz is gone and my belief is you're going to see a Lou tenure that looks a lot more like that snow tenure (and I hope you weren't satisfied with that).

For the record, my opinion is this. it is appearing that the team is need of some change of direction. The season is currently slipping away, but it's not too late the right the ship. And I'm not against making moves to help the cause. Of course, it depends on what the moves are. Coaching change? Sure. A bit of a roster shake-up? Certainly. Moving the 1st in a hail mary move for a player approaching the end of their prime or just over the hill? No definitely not. And beyond this season, it will depend on what Lou's outlook for the future is. If he believes he can use a cotton ball to stop the bleeding from a shark wound, then it's time for a change at that level as well.

Again...What's the goal? All I care about is winning a Stanley Cup and I don't see how this lineup, with this coach, can make a "bit of a roster shake up" and actually win a Cup. Bigger change is needed and since Lou only knows to GM one way (go all in all the time), you can count on him trading that 2024 1st rounder yet again for the 5th year in a row. I think he should be removed already, but if that 1st winds up becoming a lottery pick well then I don't see how Malkin can keep him.

Reactions: Ishkabible

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
The same way the Oilers got lucky winning the draft lottery the year McDavid was available, the Isles (and Lou) got insanely lucky being the only team needing a coach when the Capitals decided not to pay Trotz. Make no mistake...Trotz is way better at his job than Lou is at his, and he was the #1 reason the Isles made those semifinals appearances. If Trotz wasn't available you'd probably be looking at another Lambert-esque coach and I guarantee if that was the case there would've been no playoff runs.

Well now Trotz is gone and my belief is you're going to see a Lou tenure that looks a lot more like that snow tenure (and I hope you weren't satisfied with that).

Again...What's the goal? All I care about is winning a Stanley Cup and I don't see how this lineup, with this coach, can make a "bit of a roster shake up" and actually win a Cup. Bigger change is needed and since Lou only knows to GM one way (go all in all the time), you can count on him trading that 2024 1st rounder yet again for the 5th year in a row. I think he should be removed already, but if that 1st winds up becoming a lottery pick well then I don't see how Malkin can keep him.

Great. Are we done now? Jesus...

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Great. Are we done now? Jesus...

Not sure anything I wrote is that earth-shattering, but if you have no retort then of course...Be done.

Also you should put $100 on the Isles to win the Cup. You can get 6,000-1 right now. Even if they just get close you'll be able to cash out the bet and make a pretty penny.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

Or Trotz could have said, ‘no thanks’ Lou, I’ll wait for a better team or offer? (Ps - he didn’t).

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Not sure anything I wrote is that earth-shattering, but if you have no retort then of course...Be done.

Also you should put $100 on the Isles to win the Cup. You can get 6,000-1 right now. Even if they just get close you'll be able to cash out the bet and make a pretty penny.

It's definitely not earth shattering. You take every and all opportunities to bludgeon us with your absolutist viewpoints.

• Love
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Or Trotz could have said, ‘no thanks’ Lou, I’ll wait for a better team or offer? (Ps - he didn’t).

And now he's gone and, despite claiming he has a Cup contender, Lou decided to replace Trotz with an AHL level coach with zero experience.

It's definitely not earth shattering. You take every and all opportunities to bludgeon us with your absolutist viewpoints.

Gosh...If only there was an ignore button you could use to tune out the opinions you didn't want to hear.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
We get it, Trotz is 100% responsible for everything in his tenure as coach, Lou gets 0% credit for anything during Trotz tenure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad