Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
This reminds me of the Oilers Flames second round series a few years ago. Flames unexpectedly had a 100+ pt regular season where they absolutely abused the Oilers. They had probably the best first line in hockey that year with Lindholm, Gaudreau and Tkachuk who scored a pile. They had Vezina level goaltending in Markstrom and a stout D that many said was one of the best blue lines in the league.
then they clowned us 9-5 in the regular season, then 9-6 in the playoffs...

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Vancouver’s third string goalie is better than any starter Edmonton has had since pre DUI Khabibulin. There’s two players on the whole Oilers than concern me and the Canucks have proven they can neuter them in multiple different ways.

Normally I wouldn’t be so high and mighty but the Albertans have been huffing their “Cup or Bust” glue again and it’s obnoxious as shit.
Vancouver fans posting about 'smugness' in this thread, yet turn around and post asinine shit like this.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Vancouver fans posting about 'smugness' in this thread, yet turn around and post asinine shit like this.
I wouldn’t have started talking shit if Oilers fans weren’t already looking past the series. No one is worried about a blue line that pays Darnell Nurse 9 million a year.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I wouldn’t have started talking shit if Oilers fans weren’t already looking past the series. No one is worried about a blue line that pays Darnell Nurse 9 million a year.
Your entire collective fanbase started talking shit after the first regular season game on every social media platform. No one is looking past the series, most people in here are just saying that a sweep in reg. season is most likely meaningless.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
More pressure on the Oilers than Canucks, way to jump into a conversation, not knowing at all what was going on, :thumbu:

I don't disagree there's more pressure on the Oilers, just disagree with the premise you presented. What you're saying kinda goes both ways, Im sure JT for example would really love to win a cup in his career and he's not getting any younger

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Fixed it for ya bud.
After the first two games of the reg. season I was confused where all the nucks fans were coming from on twitter, insta, here, etc. I wasn't around on those sites when the canucks were good previously (2011), so I didn't know what the size of fanbase was like. Felt like at least a 10x increase from the normal I was used to.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
You're acting like the Canucks blue line is much superior than Edmonton's :laugh:

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
It's going to be tough but I really hope Vancouver has enough of a defensive shell to weather the absolute storm that will be the Oilers' offense. After 2011, I've never been more confident in our blueline now, and we've got mobile and stable defenders who can hold their own, plus I think Blueger, Lindholm and Joshua will come up big in the trenches. Garland and the Miller line will need to carry their load, and please wake up Petey, going to need your offense (also hope for good series from Mikheyev and Hoglander, who I'd be happy if they can even just start to contain 97 with their speed and hustle).

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
After the first two games of the reg. season I was confused where all the nucks fans were coming from on twitter, insta, here, etc. I wasn't around on those sites when the canucks were good previously (2011), so I didn't know what the size of fanbase was like. Felt like at least a 10x increase from the normal I was used to.
And we all saw the same from Oilers fans, telling us all year, we were lucky and would never make the playoffs, then would never win a series, my favourite is the members of your fan base trying to convince us that Bouchard is a better dman than Hughes, kind of like how you all tried to sell the rest of the league that Nurse was somehow a #1 Dman after you guys signed him. Again common sense, doesn't seem to exist in Edmonton.

Reactions: Rick Rocket

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
You're acting like the Canucks blue line is much superior than Edmonton's :laugh:
I know you guys like to think any trophy not won by McDavid is meaningless but yes our blueline is miles better. I realize that hockey fans have issues with understanding that short defensemen can be the best at their position, but Hughes actually defends unlike Darnell (and does it for less!)

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad