News Article: Gaudreau takes leave of absence.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Season is done, hopefully Johnny just stays home the rest of the year. Literally no point in coming back to Calgary anytime soon until like August or September, just stay in jersey.

Hoping Guy makes a full recovery and we see him in a flames jersey cheering the flames on in Calgary next season.

Read what happened to him on reddit (a Philly fan posted it), apparently he had a heart attack during a half marathon and fell and also slashed open his head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Wishing the best to Guy. I've had a lot of respect for him since I read about his response to the the super bowl disciplinary situation a few years back. He's always sounded like a great dude who puts others before himself. I hope he has a speedy recovery with few lingering effects. I'm glad JG could get a chance to spend time with him without too many other distractions. Family first.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Wishing the best to Guy. I've had a lot of respect for him since I read about his response to the the super bowl disciplinary situation a few years back. He's always sounded like a great dude who puts others before himself. I hope he has a speedy recovery with few lingering effects. I'm glad JG could get a chance to spend time with him without too many other distractions. Family first.

What did he say?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
What did he say?

Father knows best: Guy Gaudreau had a 'nice talk' with Johnny following healthy scratch

“I was very disappointed in him when he got scratched,” said the father of the Calgary Flames star as he took in the team’s morning skate at San Jose’s SAP Center. “We had a nice talk. He’ll learn from it. I firmly believe Calgary is trying to build character and pride and an attitude of ‘playing for your team.’
“And I think, yeah, (the Flames) were justified.”

“I’ve been around hockey all my life, I’ve coached. And if you don’t have your best players leading the way you want them to lead … the rest of your team isn’t going to follow.”

There's more quotes in that article. IMO it really gave me interesting insight into the type of values that JG is taught at home. Guy has a good mentality, even with all the stardom that surrounds Johnny, quotes like these seem to show he's always trying to keep Johnny humble and grounded.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Father knows best: Guy Gaudreau had a 'nice talk' with Johnny following healthy scratch

There's more quotes in that article. IMO it really gave me interesting insight into the type of values that JG is taught at home. Guy has a good mentality, even with all the stardom that surrounds Johnny, quotes like these seem to show he's always trying to keep Johnny humble and grounded.

That's awesome. It's sure refreshing compared to young players who demand a trade because they're not getting the ice time they feel they're entitled to.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Can Guy Gaudreau be the Flames next coach when he gets healthy?

Surely he is an improvement over Gulutzan.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
You know like wadda Guy.

wtf.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad