News Article: Gaudreau takes leave of absence.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Hope everything is okay.

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but this is the perfect chance to call up Mangiapane and give him a chance to step into the top 6.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Hope everything is okay.

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread, but this is the perfect chance to call up Mangiapane and give him a chance to step into the top 6.

Mango is out for the season.

Edit: sucks for Gaudreau. He is our one untouchable. Great season. I still think he can be even better.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hope everything is okay for him, and I wonder if it explains his recent poor play. Does create an opportunity for someone.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I really hope he and his family are alright. I wonder what the issue is.

Sometimes I wonder if he'll ask for a trade to be back east. I sure hope not. It's been a disaster season and IMO he played his heart out.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Now I'm stewing. Gosh. Again, heckuva season that I'm sure was a big disappointment - particularly with how it ended.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I really hope he and his family are alright. I wonder what the issue is.

Sometimes I wonder if he'll ask for a trade to be back east. I sure hope not. It's been a disaster season and IMO he played his heart out.

There's no doubt that he'll go back east at some point in his career. Flames just have to maximize the asset and not wait until the trade deadline of his last year of contract. Probably summer of 2020 would be a target date for a trade depending on team's situation that offseason.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There's no doubt that he'll go back east at some point in his career.

Ah right, the second definition of "no doubt" which means "there is a chance." It's like the word "literally."

Keep in mind that we've had Johnny as pretty much a kid so far. His contract has him here until past his mid-20s, and in that time he could get married and start a family, potentially. Those things tend to have a big effect on priorities. He has talked about how neat it would be to play for a home-town team, but that doesn't mean he has any intention of abandoning his teammates and the city he'll have lived in for 7 years.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I feel bad I'm hoping the issue is something serious like this. How terrible am I? I mean, to clarify, obviously I wish no harm to any of his loved ones. But you're just hoping it is indeed a serious family issue, not something else (ie. unhappiness, something emotional etc).
People will read this post really wrong. FYI

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Ah right, the second definition of "no doubt" which means "there is a chance." It's like the word "literally."

Keep in mind that we've had Johnny as pretty much a kid so far. His contract has him here until past his mid-20s, and in that time he could get married and start a family, potentially. Those things tend to have a big effect on priorities. He has talked about how neat it would be to play for a home-town team, but that doesn't mean he has any intention of abandoning his teammates and the city he'll have lived in for 7 years.

I hope he stays with us a long time. Certainly meeting a nice mate would go a long way to ensuring he's happy in Calgary. But anyway, if there is a family emergency it does alleviate my paranoia.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Hope he takes all the time he needs. Best wishes to him, his dad and the rest of his family

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Johnny needs to stay home for as long as it takes. Few weeks...

I hope his dad makes a full recovery. He can't be that old either.

Reactions: Cyrano

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Best wishes and a speedy full recovery to Mr. Gaudreau, Johnny and the family. I hope Johnny takes as much time as needed to be with his family - Cardiac events are such scary things.

Reactions: Cyrano

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Wishing for a full recovery for Guy, I can't imagine how worried Johnny and his family were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad