Boston Globe GASPER: Don Sweeney has to take a share of blame for Bruins’ problems

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He basically gave them seven years notice, not 2 weeks. He had said leaving was a very real possibility when his current deal was up and nobody was shocked except of course our management.

The Bruins have been riding 37 and 46 for what 17 years now? Not one center developed in all that time, so guess what, we have to hope not one, but both come back.
Me not being one to defend Sweeney if he moved on from Krecji after seven years would have been ripped by fans and media ," after 17 years and that is how you treat him " . Oh and I am sure the players would have been pissed...........So you cannot assume , there should have been communication on both sides.......

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Me not being one to defend Sweeney if he moved on from Krecji after seven years would have been ripped by fans and media ," after 17 years and that is how you treat him " . Oh and I am sure the players would have been pissed...........So you cannot assume , there should have been communication on both sides.......
If the GM is making moves or not making moves in order to not be ripped by the fans or the media he should be fired.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
In that case, going by the fans and the media, it looks like Sweeney’s doing a great job then.
Don't see the logic in saying that.

He may indeed be making moves based on his own personal beliefs and judgement. That's good for sure.

Those beliefs and judgements and the moves that result from them may not be good. (Not saying they are or aren't). 2 separate things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad