Garret Sparks Discussion

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think Sparks will probably be Bernier's backup next year and Reimer will be traded in the off season. The only way Reimer is still here is if the Leafs can pull another salary dump to get rid of Bernier, but I can't see that happening. Sparks may be the future goalie when this rebuild is over.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
So Sparks is really reminding me of a young James Reimer. Lots of heart, a battler, but he looks a little unrefined and needs to work on that rebound control.

Hopefully he gets the next start. I wouldn't mind a Reimer-Sparks tandem next season.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
I wouldn't be surprised if Sparks starts the majority of games for the rest of the season, however he's pretty raw out there.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
So Sparks is really reminding me of a young James Reimer. Lots of heart, a battler, but he looks a little unrefined and needs to work on that rebound control.

Hopefully he gets the next start. I wouldn't mind a Reimer-Sparks tandem next season.
Came in to say the exact same thing. Both the goals he let in last night were very reimeresque.

RLF

May 5, 2014
The goalie position is the one that will be the most interesting moving forward. If they reduce equipment size by quite a bit, the big athletic goalie may be the answer over the calm, solid position guy. Sparks is athletic and good size, so who knows...maybe he has a decent future.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Agreed.

Sparks tends to open himself up too much. He's going to have to go a long way before I'd consider him as the future Goalie here.

To the bolded, God no.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Agreed.

Sparks tends to open himself up too much. He's going to have to go a long way before I'd consider him as the future Goalie here.

To the bolded, God no.

A I'm not sold on him yet. He needs to find another level.
I've stated before that lou likes goalies that control the game. Sparks is like reimer that they battle to keep you in the game, but I dont think thats what godfather lou wants.
Imho bibeau might have that eventually, so may sparks, but bibeau has a better chance of getting there.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Could have easily been 6-1

He had a ton of puck luck on his side last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad