John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hope the Refs enjoy some Wendy’s tonight
View attachment 613097
The good guys won.

I’ll be back to dish out Likes later my friends.

Good night Ging'...

Dance time...

beavis-and-butthead-dancing.gif

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Lol people having a cow because I think that Morrisey was responsible for that play sending us to OT. This is why I don't post here often. Have a good night! Glad we got the win.
Are you that f***ing daft? The goalie is down and out without a f***ing mask with players actively shooting 100kph shots at the net while scrums occur around him. It should have been blown dead immediately and I would wish the same if it happened at the other end of the ice to Oettinger!

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
an immediate scoring chance, the puck was beind the net when his helmet was off

Refs may not of seen the helmet off as it was behind the net at the time.

Once the goal was scored, pretty hard to overturn that based upon the helmet.

Id say it was what, less than 2 seconds between the helmet off and goal scored, thats fairly immediate.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
It's the right call.....the rule book states that if the opposing team has possession and a scoring chance, then the play continues.

Unfortunately JM was the one to cause the helmet coming off.

Refs got it right, no reason to be mad.
You are off track and do not give a rip about player safety. Give your head a big ol shake!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Refs made the right call according to the rule book. At least it didn't happen in the Stanly Cup final

Morrissey makes it right in OT
Thanks for posting that.

Not that my opinion matters to the NHL but that's nuts from a player safety standpoint. We're not in in 1961 with players using wooden sticks and working at Eaton's in the off-season (even then playing without masks was insanity, but that's how it was). There's substantial risk in both the posted instance and tonight's game. Helle's choice is to get up and potentially take a shot to the face? Idiocy.

I agree Morrissey caused the incident by pushing Benn into Hellebuyck. As such, the dislodging of the helmet is the fault of the Jets, but from a safety standpoint a better call would be to penalize Morrissey for delay of game (i.e. causing the goalie's helmet to come off) and award Dallas a powerplay.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Are you that f***ing daft? The goalie is down and out without a f***ing mask with players actively shooting 100kph shots at the net while scrums occur around him. It should have been blown dead immediately and I would wish the same if it happened at the other end of the ice to Oettinger!

"When a goalkeeper has lost his helmet and/or face mask and... the opposing team has control of the puck, play shall only be stopped if there is no immediate and impending scoring opportunity."

Just saying. I can see the argument. Dallas had control of the play on the man advantage.

I think more folks should be taking note of the awful Bowness turtle. That's two games now where it's almost cost us a game. This team is not good enough defensively for that to be effective.

Reactions: oldunclehue

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

Id say it was what, less than 2 seconds between the helmet off and goal scored, thats fairly immediate.
miss play stoppage

Reactions: Guardian17

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
4/5 Hammers tonight for Joshua showing the NHL what he is, Helle playing great, and in general the Jets playing a great road game, please understand the Benn is a took advantage of a subtle push to slam Bucky but shame on the refs for allowing the play to go on when a player is face down on the ice doesn't matter what happened a second or two before

mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif
mc-hammer.gif

braunm

Oct 1, 2022
Reactions: Larabee

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country

LOL face it you don’t give a care about player safety. Watch it again it was minimum 3 seconds. Maybe adjust your bifocals. It was a horse crap call and league decision!

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
Benn has always been a greaseball Josh is battling a guy way bigger than him and doesn't even really push him, just leans on him. Benn knew what he was doing and I wager he hits Helle even if Josh makes no contact.
Yeah Josh has to get a running start to move Benn an inch so that was a complete laugh, but Benns a greasy dbag and knew what he was doing so I can't say I'm surprised.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014

Your gripe should be with the NHL and not the refs this game for this call. I would guess the vast majority of people agree with what you posted but the NHL decided goalie safety doesn't matter to them in this instance. It's ridiculous but just another thing to throw on to the pile of inconsistency within the NHL.

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
miss play stoppage

The rule states "immediate" scoring chance, And immediate is left to the ref/control rooms discretion/interpretation. We can debate it all we want, but it was called how it was called.

You can say I'm wrong, but the league and refs tonight say I'm right.

Jets win.....so the hockey gods do exist.

Enjoy the win.

Reactions: rehf

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Lol people having a cow because I think that Morrisey was responsible for that play sending us to OT. This is why I don't post here often. Have a good night! Glad we got the win.

Unless there is an immediate scoring threat (puck was behind the net), the play technically should have been blown dead with the goalies helmet off. Whether Morrissey's actions caused the contact doesn't change the fact that Hellebuyck is down on the ice with his helmet off. If that puck deflects and somehow hits him while he's on the ice because the officials didn't call the play dead there would be hell to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad