C. Greg McKegg- GP 65 G 19 A 28 P 47 Rating Even PM 31

RW. Josh Leivo- GP 59 G 23 A 19 P 42 Rating +6 PM 27

C. Sam Carrick- GP 62 G 14 A 21 P 35 Rating +17 PM 115

--------------

Game 1 - Marlies Win.
But outshot 50-19.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
So much for not having offensive players in the system.

D'amigo, Carrick, Holland, Leivo are all youngsters that are PPG+ in the playoffs.

Gamble9

Apr 15, 2014
Bowmanville, Ontario
watched the whole game the game was closer then the shots showed Dallas is a high-powered offense but I thought our defense did a good job of keeping shots to the outside and taking the time and space on the opportunities as opposed to Holland & Kozon who looked like they could have ate a sandwich and still got off a decent shot on their 2 goals

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Didn't watch the game, but I ****ing love Abbott and Kozun. I realllly hope Kozun sticks around for another season and is given a shot with the big club. He could develop into a decent pest-type middle-sixer who can contribute offensively.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
watched the whole game the game was closer then the shots showed Dallas is a high-powered offense but I thought our defense did a good job of keeping shots to the outside and taking the time and space on the opportunities as opposed to Holland & Kozon who looked like they could have ate a sandwich and still got off a decent shot on their 2 goals

They also pulled the goalie with 8 minutes left, Pretty much had a massive power play.

They defended well, and Mac was quite good as well; Had a few adventures out of his crease.

Holzer stood out for me, It's frustrating how he can't make it translate.

mikebel111*

So we were out shot badly but still won. Can still win even in a bad game. I like it!
Mods, can I have control over this GDT as well? Need to add a few things.
Thanks!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So we were out shot badly but still won. Can still win even in a bad game. I like it!
Mods, can I have control over this GDT as well? Need to add a few things.
Thanks!

Can I have control of this thread too? Ya know, in case I need to add some things too :laugh:

mikebel111*

Can I have control of this thread too? Ya know, in case I need to add some things too :laugh:

To be honest, I do all the stats and team stats so I would want control of the GDT as well. Really I did start this GDT thing anyways. No issues with Daisy starting a 2nd part especially with the first one at the limit, just that I would want control as well.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Boy there are 4 or 5 Marlies right now I instantly take over Clarkson.

Would improve the team immediately and for so much less.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boy there are 4 or 5 Marlies right now I instantly take over Clarkson.

Would improve the team immediately and for so much less.

Free agency should always be a last resort, almost out of desperation really as most teams prefer to promote their youth to depth positions and give their own draft picks a chance.

This AHL playoff run by the Marlies is really helping their causes for next year.

Ashton might be the closest Marlie ready for a full time role that could replace Clarkson contribution, but we know Clarkson isn't going anywhere but Raymond might be on his way out opening a spot..

D'Amigo is more a checker\PK ready to replace Kulemin and Holland can fill in for McClement in the bottom 6.

I'm hoping we see a real change in TO with Shanny now calling the shots and the focus turns back to drafting and developing your own talent.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Free agency should always be a last resort, almost out of desperation really as most teams prefer to promote their youth to depth positions and give their own draft picks a chance.

This AHL playoff run by the Marlies is really helping their causes for next year.

Ashton might be the closest Marlie ready for a full time role that could replace Clarkson contribution, but we know Clarkson isn't going anywhere but Raymond might be on his way out opening a spot..

D'Amigo is more a checker\PK ready to replace Kulemin and Holland can fill in for McClement in the bottom 6.

I'm hoping we see a real change in TO with Shanny now calling the shots and the focus turns back to drafting and developing your own talent.

What's changed with the focus that I don't know about? Just because we signed Clarkson/Raymond/McClement a few years ago doesn't mean we haven't been focused on drafting and developing our talent. They've just felt they weren't ready. Which I disagree with because I feel D'Amigo has been ready for 2 years now. Not sure what Leaf brass is waiting for. He's never going to be a 30 goal scorer. Anyway the Leafs have done a pretty solid job drafting and keeping most of their picks the past 5-6 years.

There's a reason why we have Leaf prospects littered with awards, in the Memorial Cup, making big contributions in the A.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
They also pulled the goalie with 8 minutes left, Pretty much had a massive power play.

They defended well, and Mac was quite good as well; Had a few adventures out of his crease.

Holzer stood out for me, It's frustrating how he can't make it translate.

You mean how he can't translate being a top pair AHL defenseman into being a top pair NHL defenseman? Because that's really the only opportunity he's been given. imo he could replace Gleason on the 3rd pairing next year for ~3M less caphit (assuming you could find someone willing to trade for a 3rd pair d-man making 4M for 2 more seasons)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Did anyone notice that some of our best team play has been when we had to use more Marlies and the more they were on the ice for the big club the better?

Gamble9

Apr 15, 2014
Bowmanville, Ontario
Granburg played and played really well I thought the powerplays were one sided and the 8 minute goalie pull lead to the shot differential being so high I wanna see a Holland Ashton Clarkson 3rd line next year maybe Komorov their boardplay in the playoffs has been impressive and Holland is too good for this league

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Let's say Gardiner was traded at the draft in a package to move up. If Brennan were his replacement, would he be as maligned as Gardiner is for his defensive shortcomings, perhaps even worse?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I can't believe how strong the Marlies have looked this playoffs. Hope the roll continues. It would be a really nice boost for the AHL guys when they get to Leafs training camp. It might encourage some roster movement with the big club the summer too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad