GDT: Game 9 | Pens @ TBL | 7:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Not when we play our #1 against a mediocre panthers team and then throw our struggling back up to the hottest team in the league. Why not just sit Sid and Geno too, they conceded the game before it even started with that choice. That's just stupid.

I thought the decision was incorrect last night as well, so I assumed Sully was more concerned with a high-probability 2 points than that of a medium probability game. No doubt we can beat Tampa with Murray in net, but maybe not on a back to back while they're surging. I liked trying Guentzel at center and frankly now is the time of year to just play around with these back to backs. Might as well..

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not when we play our #1 against a mediocre panthers team and then throw our struggling back up to the hottest team in the league. Why not just sit Sid and Geno too, they conceded the game before it even started with that choice. That's just stupid.

I agree with this. I mean if they're basically conceding the game before they start by not wanting to try hard, then Sid and a Geno should sit for Quinney and Johnson and I'd be in favor of that

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
In hockey, home ice isn't that big a deal because of the 2-2-1-1-1 format btw... it rewards and early upset win and penalizes the better team not knowing the other teams strategy at first to take full advantage of the matchups...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Niemi's a problem, but these back-to-backs against rested teams aren't helping either. Team is just noticeably gassed. The body language is obvious.

Yep. Like i said. Only real concern is Letang playing good hockey again and that should come.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Exactly. People act like we can't miss the playoffs, when in reality, were only an injury or 2 away from really having to struggle to get in.
I hope we do miss out on some points early and have to fight to get into the playoffs. That adversity wouldn't exactly be a bad thing.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
That's exactly it. There's a reason the typically quick/skilled pens look a step slow and are playing sloppy. I've never agreed with back to backs in pro sports, let alone b2b games on the road.

Its one thing if its a game in Columbus, but traveling to Tampa is no hop skip and jump... we seem to have a lot of long trips on b2b nights

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Its one thing if its a game in Columbus, but traveling to Tampa is no hop skip and jump... we seem to have a lot of long trips on b2b nights
This one was Florida And Tampa. There's a few where there's some travel that might tire them out. But this one shouldn't be one.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Yeah, no reason to watch Niemi's starts. Glad I missed and continue to miss this pile of garbage. Something needs to be done about the backup goalie position immediately, though. This can't continue. Can't build momentum when this happens every handful of starts.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know conditioning stints are short but I would call up Jarry and send Niemi down for a "conditioning assignment" to get a few games, win a few and get some confidence back.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This one was Florida And Tampa. There's a few where there's some travel that might tire them out. But this one shouldn't be one.

Question: If Niemi starts yesterday and Murray starts today, how many points do the Pens get? I suspect the answer is 0 and that's why Murray started yesterday.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's hard to believe Point was a late 3rd round pick despite having 91 points in the WHL in his draft year.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Question: If Niemi starts yesterday and Murray starts today, how many points do the Pens get? I suspect the answer is 0 and that's why Murray started yesterday.
It's tough to say. What if Niemi wins that one and Murray plays well enough to lose in OT. We end up with 3 out of 4 and Niemi gains a win and some much needed boost in confidence. So far Sullivan is just feeding him to the wolves. Tampa and Chicago while Murray gets Florida twice?

Niemi has faced Tampa 2x and Chicago.

The toughest Murray has faced is Washington and they're a one line team with a hot Ovy. Maybe the Blues as a tough team too.

That look right to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad