GDT: Game 9: Coyotes Posters @ Islanders | 4:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Does anyone know who Tocchet was throwin the F-bombs to?

Was that after Tavares hatty goal? I think Tocc was losing his shit at Demers and/or OEL. Tavares was probably Demers guy, but OEL was just standing around with his head up his own ass doing nothing. Take your pick really :laugh:

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
I think it was at Demers. He threw the puck out right into our own slot, to an islander, if I recall correctly

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Context: 2-6 to start last year with many injuries, a way worse roster and a much tougher schedule, mostly road games. Nobody is saying it was the glory days. We were better coached with less talent, pretty apparent so far at least. I'm hoping Raanta coming back, the vets being better, and Tocc making adjustments will turn things around. They need a win or two here to get the monkey off their back and get into a better mental state. The losing mentality can be setting in now, that is the scary part and he could be losing the room too. Nobody is in the room so we don't know at this point.

Bingo. I thought RT was the best for HC of the ones we interviewed, and a couple of those may have been great assistants, but who RT selected were head scratchers for me. I thought we would be a 500 team going into this road trip, but the vets screwed the pooch to start the season. Some of the vets are starting to hit their mark and are playing much better so we should see what kind of coach RT is in the coming games. This start is the WORST scenario that could have happen to this team and franchise.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
The same 0-8-1 record with a dump and chase-passive style of hockey, and Keller looking like a bust would be worse. I'm not saying I'm not upset with the losses, but I've seen a lot of positives and I'm more optimistic about the future than I was 9 games into last season.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
The same 0-8-1 record with a dump and chase-passive style of hockey, and Keller looking like a bust would be worse. I'm not saying I'm not upset with the losses, but I've seen a lot of positives and I'm more optimistic about the future than I was 9 games into last season.

This is a false dichotomy. Hard to say what the record would be if Tippett had stuck around, but that point is moot. There were a number of other coaches available.

Could it be worse? Sure. They could be 0-9-0. They could have been shut out in every game. They could have, maybe, let in a few more goals. More guys could be hurt. Et cetera.

But it could also be a whole heck of a lot better. The comparison to be made is not between now and the beginning of last season. That ignores the progress made by many guys over the course of the year. The comparison is to what everyone looked like at the end of the season. Almost everyone seems to have regressed.

The good news is there's still a lot of season left. I did not expect a playoff berth this year. My expectations were and remain month-to-month progress. They're certainly setting a low bar for November, but if most of the team seems to improve as the season goes along, I'll be satisfied.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western.html

This site gives us a 2.7% chance of making the playoffs.

Love the f***ing optimism!

350.png

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
This is a false dichotomy. Hard to say what the record would be if Tippett had stuck around, but that point is moot. There were a number of other coaches available.

Could it be worse? Sure. They could be 0-9-0. They could have been shut out in every game. They could have, maybe, let in a few more goals. More guys could be hurt. Et cetera.

But it could also be a whole heck of a lot better. The comparison to be made is not between now and the beginning of last season. That ignores the progress made by many guys over the course of the year. The comparison is to what everyone looked like at the end of the season. Almost everyone seems to have regressed.

The good news is there's still a lot of season left. I did not expect a playoff berth this year. My expectations were and remain month-to-month progress. They're certainly setting a low bar for November, but if most of the team seems to improve as the season goes along, I'll be satisfied.
Yeah. Wasn't trying to say we for sure would have the same record with Tippett (or any other stylistic similar coach) in charge. Only posted a not so farfetched made-up scenario that would've been worse (IMO). And of course, I think we all agree the situation could be a lot better.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00