GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. New Jersey | 10/22 7PM EDT

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I'd just like everyone to note:

With Richards at the helm, the Jackets are 29-0-0 when leading after 2 periods.

Arniel seemed to blow game after game when going into defend lead mode, so it's awesome to see that Richards and the guys don't let up in the third period. That's the way it should be.

This is my favorite stat.

I think at one point they had a losing record under Arniel with the lead after 2 periods, which is almost impossible to pull off. I often think about what Todd Richards must've thought the entire time he was working under Arniel. Probably just "this guy is ********** clueless" and "you're doing it wrong!"

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
(This has been said in every thread but...)

Is it even possible to give enough praise to David Savard? The guy's a totally different player than he was last year. I still can't believe that the player I watched fumble the puck during a critical LA game last year is quickly becoming the most reliable defender for the Jackets.

I think Portzline commented at the beginning of the season that Savard was battling an abdominal injury late last season that nobody knew about. Considering his play early this season, I could believe that was really a hindrance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad