Post-Game Talk: Game 82 - Toronto it is - Florida 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
That was not a good effort. And I have no idea why they weren’t motivated to bring it.

I think there were a couple of things going wrong. #1 I think the Bergeron line has had trouble getting their timing back since his return. I'm hoping 3 days off and some hard practice gets them going. #2 I think they're tired and looking ahead to the playoffs #3 I think they're trying to get through it without getting hurt

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Fitting that Reimer, who I think cost Toronto the series back in 2013, comes up big and sets up a rematch 5 years later

Reactions: NoName

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
In October the general consensus was this was a bubble playoff team. They missed out on a first seed by 1 point. The entire regular season was incredibly fun. Playoff hockey is back and it will be an exciting series.

Yeah, it sucks to lose out on the one seed and potentially more favorable matchup (which is debatable anyways)...but I’m having a hard time summoning the fury that I’m seeing from others.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
The Bs totally blew their chance to get the top seed. The team has looked awful without Riley Nash and Carlo.
Kuraly as well. It sure feels like he brings a ton of energy and consistently gives the boys a special spark when needed - something they’ve been missing since his departure.

They definitely choked at the end of this year, with the caveat that they’ve been brutally banged up over the last 2 months. Truly a war of attrition.

Rest up, get as healthy as possible that you possibly can in 3 days and get ready for the meat grinder that is the Playoffs.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Damn, I was way wrong. Should've rested top players. Here we go.
20180405_234007.png

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
At least that last period was a good tune up in terms of bringing the kind of intensity we're going to need in the playoffs. I strongly believe we are going to win Game 1.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I must say the NHL truly has the worst playoff format, your reward for 4th place overall finish? Well you gotta play the #7 overall seed, then the #3 seed.

Meanwhile the metro gets to slug it out with their trash teams.

like hello?

Glad we get a few days rest here but god damn that's annoying.

It's truly bad. The teams from one division have to battle each other while the other get the easier routes until the 3rd round. That's a huge advantage in terms of fatigue.

Reactions: Estlin and Emerz

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I truly think Bergeron's foot isn't completely healed. He just hasn't been Patrice lately.
He was off the charts good in the 3rd. Don't think he's anything to be concerned about. Marchand is in a funk and Pasta has been hit and miss though.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I think there were a couple of things going wrong. #1 I think the Bergeron line has had trouble getting their timing back since his return. I'm hoping 3 days off and some hard practice gets them going. #2 I think they're tired and looking ahead to the playoffs #3 I think they're trying to get through it without getting hurt

Cassidy mentioned this before the game that they really haven’t had much time to get in good practices with the schedule

Now the real season begins. Let’s see what we have!

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
As the British would say, I am gutted. Looking at this honestly, unless our 3 injured forwards are back and playing well right off the hop our chances are not good. To blow a chance at getting 1st in the conference and to avoid Toronto is inexcusable, this is not a good matchup at all for us, if you guys thought we got screwed by the refs last year against Ottawa, well you can expect a lot more of that.

Reactions: Estlin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
In October the general consensus was this was a bubble playoff team. They missed out on a first seed by 1 point. The entire regular season was incredibly fun. Playoff hockey is back and it will be an exciting series.

Yeah, it sucks to lose out on the one seed and potentially more favorable matchup (which is debatable anyways)...but I’m having a hard time summoning the fury that I’m seeing from others.

Agreed 100 pct.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Well said Kate. You’re killin’ it tonight

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I must say the NHL truly has the worst playoff format, your reward for 4th place overall finish? Well you gotta play the #7 overall seed, then the #3 seed.

Meanwhile the metro gets to slug it out with their trash teams.

like hello?

Glad we get a few days rest here but god damn that's annoying.
NHL totally f***ed up their playoffs. Now you have the top three teams in the East all coming out of the same quadrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad